ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delays in citizenship ceremony invite letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

okapusta100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Delays in citizenship ceremony invite letter

Post by okapusta100 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:04 pm

I have received a letter from the Home Office, that my application for British Citizenship has been approved. The letter also states that I should expect a second letter from the Home Office inviting me to the Citizenship Ceremony. Already 3 weeks passed,and i didn't get it. what to do???

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Re: Delays in citizenship ceremony invite letter

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:07 pm

Might be worth calling speaking to a human.

fiv
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fiv » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:55 am

Just call your council and book it. They will probably will be able to do it.

mfreidin

Post by mfreidin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:39 pm

Same issue, very frustrating!

I called the borough council, they have no my paperwork. They suggested to check with the HO where they might have sent the certificate. Can be another council from other people's experience.

Three days ago, I emailed to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. No reply so far.

Called HO, they said the only way is to send email to citizenship.support.

Dunno what else can be done :(

Shaolin
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shaolin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:32 pm

okapusta100 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:04 pm
I have received a letter from the Home Office, that my application for British Citizenship has been approved. The letter also states that I should expect a second letter from the Home Office inviting me to the Citizenship Ceremony. Already 3 weeks passed,and i didn't get it. what to do???
Second Letter ? I dont think you receive second letter from HO at all. HO only sends out the approval letter based on which you need to call your local council to arrange for the ceremony.....home office doesnt send out any invitation letter for ceremony either. I think you are mistaken.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Shaolin wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:32 pm
okapusta100 wrote:
Second Letter ? I dont think you receive second letter from HO at all. HO only sends out the approval letter based on which you need to call your local council to arrange for the ceremony.....home office doesnt send out any invitation letter for ceremony either. I think you are mistaken.
There are two types of letters. A combine approval and invite to book ceremony letter in one OR an approval letter and then a separate letter inviting you to book ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mfreidin

Post by mfreidin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:34 pm

There are two types of letters. A combine approval and invite to book ceremony letter in one OR an approval letter and then a separate letter inviting you to book ceremony.
Out of curiosity, any ideas why some people receive two letters while the other - just one combined?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:35 pm

mfreidin wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:34 pm
CR001 wrote:

Out of curiosity, any ideas why some people receive two letters while the other - just one combined?
No idea really. Maybe it depends on the council/area/region etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shaolin
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shaolin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Shaolin wrote:
okapusta100 wrote:
I just received one letter which said application approved and please contact council to book ceremony with council details mention at the bottom. Thats it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Shaolin wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:52 pm
CR001 wrote:
Shaolin wrote:
okapusta100 wrote:
I just received one letter which said application approved and please contact council to book ceremony with council details mention at the bottom. Thats it.
That is all you will get, there won't be another letter if you received the combined letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abigail2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:30 pm

okapusta100 wrote:
Hi okapusta100,

Any updates for you? I have been waiting for the invitation letter too but but not as long yet. Just curious how the HO will sort this out for you.