ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting paid for more than 20 hours - Part time job

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bella94
Newly Registered
Algeria

Getting paid for more than 20 hours - Part time job

Post by Bella94 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:24 am

Hello, so I’m currently in the UK as a student on a tier 4 visa. And as you may know, I’m only allowed to work 20 hours a week. My manager gave me a break for one day, but since it’s a work holiday it means I will still get paid for 8 hours. And I already worked 13 hours. Which means I’ll be paid for 21 hours but I have only worked 13. Is this illegal? Does it breach my visa? I’m a bit confused.

Thank you.

Zee123456789
Pakistan

Re: Getting paid for more than 20 hours - Part time job

Post by Zee123456789 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi Bella would you like to share your experience?? I mean is uk best option to go for study master program?? Is it easy to get part time job there and to support studies?? In how much time you got part time job?? Is your experience good or bad what wud u suggest?? Can one get part time job in one month?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Zee123456789 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:11 pm
Hi Bella would you like to share your experience?? I mean is uk best option to go for study master program?? Is it easy to get part time job there and to support studies?? In how much time you got part time job?? Is your experience good or bad what wud u suggest?? Can one get part time job in one month?
Instead of tagging your question onto another member's thread where they are asking for advice on their own situation , be patient and wait for someone to reply to you in your own topic.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:17 am

Bella94 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:24 am
Is this illegal? Does it breach my visa?
It is also in your employer's interest to know whether they employing you illegally or not, so best to discuss with them. At the least, suggest that if this happens again, can they adjust your hours so it is no more than 20 hours total.

If you are concerned, you can declare it on any future immigration application, but it is a minor breach and unlikely to have any specific impact.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.