ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP March Applicants Post here -outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shah175

Re: Applying on 24th March

Post by shah175 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:19 pm

bossvikas wrote:Hi
I was planning to apply for HSMP on 24th March 2008.
I had a few queries regarding this.

1. Will my application be even considered or should I wait for April 1 under Tier 1? From what I have been reading, if my application reaches before 1st April 2008, it would be considered under current HSMP guidelines.

If your Application reaches to home office and fee debited then it will be considered under HSNP2. If I get an HSMP approval, it will obviously be after April 1. So, then to apply for EC, would I have to:
a. First apply under Tier 1 maintenance costing 350 GBP.
b. Apply for a visa. If so, what is the cost?
If u could get Approval then for EC u will have to fill Tier 1 form but u will be awarded 75 points and u will have to go directly to Maintenance section.3. Would I have to give IELTS to meet English Language Requirement?

NO

Thanks in advance
Vikas Manghani

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 1

Post by Jedi001 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:57 pm

"Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:40 am Post subject: Tier 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The workflow is like this
HSMP application -->EC (apply for visa in British embassy in country of origin )

after 1st April

single application
Tier1 application and upon it approval ,one has to go to local British embassy to get Visa. "

My question is after 1st of April 08, Tier 1 will be effective, now if I apply for via Tier 1 then "Would I get visa by itself, I mean I dont have to really show any documents which i will provide while my Tier 1 application. Does Tier 1 cuts EC part which we have to carry out while going through HSMP visa scheme?" I know my questions might show that I am confused but I just want to ask those silly questions which might not be asked by anyone. Hope to see an ealry response from anyone..

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Jedi001

sameerg
Newly Registered

Post by sameerg » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:44 am

11th March 2008 - DHL Courier left India by Express Delivery
12th March 2008 - DHL delivered
12th March 2008 - Credit card charged

I have not received Reference number received from HO.

Has anyone else got it for above timeframes ?

bentley
Newly Registered

March applicant

Post by bentley » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:30 am

Docs sent - 7th March (from New Delhi)
Docs recd - 12th March (8:38am GMT)
Money deducted - 12th March (11:00 am GMT)
Reference Number recvd : 22nd March(via email)

Regards
Bentley

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi jedi001
I think you are correct in assuming that the Tier1 process will cut off the EC part so that effectively obtaining the visa will be a single step process. However we shall know for sure only after 1st Apr when the scheme is rolled out for India.

sameerg
Newly Registered

Post by sameerg » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:59 am

Hi All,

My application was received on 12/Mar/2008 by HO.
Some of the people on this forum received reference numbers although there application was also received by HO on same day.

I have received following response to mail for not having received reference number.

Can anyone suggest how can I contact HSMP case worker team to know if my application is on correct track ?

REFER MAIL BELOW FROM WP.

WPCustomers <wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:
Subject: RE: HSMP Reference Number?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:14:20 -0000
From: "WPCustomers" <wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
To: "Sameer "

Dear Sameer,

Thank you for your email.

In order to allow us to maximise our service to customers requiring assistance with the application process or general advice we will not provide application acknowledgements or reference numbers.

Once an application has been received by the HSMP Case Working Team they will send an acknowledgment in the form of a letter or email which will confirm the reference number and date of application receipt.

You may wish to check with your bank that payment for your application has been debited, as this will confirm for you that your application has been received by our payment processing centre.

Please note;
The Work Permit Contact Centre no longer provides progress updates on applications that are within our published service standards.
This will enable us to maximise our service to customers that require assistance with the application process or general advice.

Work Permits will still continue to confirm if an application, Urgent Treatment request or Review request has been received, but we will not provide any further updates unless the application exceeds the agreed service standard for that particular application.

For up-to-date information on our application service standards, please visit http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk

Please note that when a decision is made on your application, any documents and accompanying decision letter will be returned to your specified address by post or other agreed delivery method.

If your application has exceeded the service standard and you require a progress check, you can contact us by email with your full name, date

of birth, nationality and any application or delivery reference number that you may have so that we may locate your application.

Or, you can also write to our Contact Centre at:

Border and Immigration Agency
Customer Contact Centre
Managed Migration Directorate
Home Office
PO BOX 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Or you can telephone or fax us on the following numbers:

Tel: 0114 207 4074

Fax: 0114 207 4000

If your query is not urgent, it would be most beneficial for you to call the Customer Contact Centre after 14.00 on a Monday, or from Tuesday - Friday, as this will reduce your waiting time to speak to one of our advisors.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Customer Service Advisor
Work Permits Customer Contact Centre
Home Office
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 24 March 2008 09:13
To: WPCustomers
Subject: HSMP Reference Number?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Myself <Name>.
I have sent my initial application for HSMP via courier on 11th of March 2008 from India. Relevant HSMP fee is been debited from my credit card on 12th of March 2008.

Can you kindly let me know when I can get the reference number assigned?

Thanks and Regards
<Name n address>

bentley
Newly Registered

track application

Post by bentley » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:26 am

Hi Sameer,

I hope fees has been deducted from your account , and that simply implies your application is under processing.
It hardly matters if you have your reference number or not. Atleast you have got a reply from HO, I mailed to them regarding the same and I got a canned response stating that all case workers were busy and they couldnt reply such mails.

sameerg
Newly Registered

Post by sameerg » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:34 am

Hi Bently,

Fee is been debited from my account on 12th March.

Yesterday I tried calling HO on 0114 207 4074 . But after selecting correct option from there auto answering menu , call got disconnected.

I hope my application is on correct track.

Thanks
Sameer

custodian

Post by custodian » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:16 am

Don't panic guys... It takes one working week (generally) for a reference number to arrive via email.

See my time-line below

10th March 2008 - DHL Courier left New Zealand
13th March 2008 - DHL delivered
13th March 2008 - Credit card charged
22nd March 2008 - Received Reference number

Be calm and you'll get your number within a week or two.

bentley
Newly Registered

reference numbers

Post by bentley » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:32 am

Hi Sameer,

I also got my ref no. in in 10 days time same as " Custodian's " .
Please see my dates in one of my post. My application recvd on 12th march and fee deducted on the same day, I got my ref no. on 22nd March.
dont worry dude, soon you will hear good news.

Regards
Nitin

sameerg
Newly Registered

Post by sameerg » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:26 am

Dear Friends,

Any one has contact details of CA in Mumbai to create Asset certificate for EC ? And How much Fee is charged ?

Thanks
Sameer

Marin
Newly Registered

Post by Marin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:26 am

Hi All

I sent in my application from South Africa on the 17th of March 2008 and received an e-mail on Wednesday 27 March with my reference number.

But in the meantime, one of the people I listed on my employers contact list has gone on extended leave of absence. So i have sent the HSMP team an e-mail with new contact information but they had an automated response basically saying they're super busy and won't respond to the mail. I will fax the details through to them later today and hope that it will be enough. :?

Can anyone tell me whether they've heard from the hsmp team via e-mail in the last few days other than receiving ref numbers? I want to know whether they would've read my e-mail.
Last edited by Marin on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:49 am

Applied from: East Africa
Application sent: 25 March
Application delivered: 27 March
Fee deducted: 31 March
Reference number received: Pending
Last edited by intalex on Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

dec25born
Newly Registered

Post by dec25born » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:40 pm

Appln Sent: Mar 28
Fees Deducted: Mar 31

dec25born
Newly Registered

Post by dec25born » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:26 pm

Applied from USA.
Waiting for Ref#.

Please include APPLIED FROM in your posts. This will help us track if they are sorting applications by regions.

spattigilli
Newly Registered

Update

Post by spattigilli » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:28 pm

Hello All,

I woke today morning to see my reference number in mailbox.

Applied From: USA
HO received application: 20/03/2008
Reference number: 2578**
Received on: 04/01/2008

Cu all

karthikeya9

Post by karthikeya9 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:14 am

Hello All,

Applied From: India
HO received application: 14/03/2008

But Mail from them says they got it on 25/03/2008

Reference number: 2579**
Received on: 02/04/2008

Can someone explain why did they say they received the application on 25th March even after the money is transferred on 17th March

amitpattjoshi
Newly Registered

time takes on HSMP approval

Post by amitpattjoshi » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:08 am

Sent from : India
12th March 2008 - Courier left India
13th March 2008 - delivered
20th March 2008- application Received
2nd April 2008 - Reference number(257XXX) received via email from HO.

Not sure how many days it will take now to process.Can any one tell please ??

sameerg
Newly Registered

Post by sameerg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:56 am

11/mar/2008 : Application sent via courier
12/mar/2008 : Application delivered
12/mar/2008 : Fee Debited
02/Apl/2008 : Reference Number received.

I had to send a couple of mails to customer service to get the reference number.

Regads
Sameer

dec25born
Newly Registered

Post by dec25born » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:35 pm

Applied from USA.
Waiting for Ref#. Sent email today Apr 04 asking for ref number.

cooldude143

Post by cooldude143 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:29 pm

26/mar/2008 : Application sent via courier from india
28/mar/2008 : Application delivered
3/apr/2008 : Fee Debited
05/Apr/2008 : Reference Number received - 2583**

mscrashed
Newly Registered

Age assesment HSMP

Post by mscrashed » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:01 am

Dear all,

i have applied for HSMP on January and recieved a refusal letter. they have given me 60 points for Earings, Education. but give 0 for age becuase i have sent an provisional driving license. Now i have sent the application again with New fee with my Birth Cirtificate. :( i couldn't send the birth certificate earlier becuase i didn't have it. my agent told me driving licns would be sufficient.

Now as i have sent the application again with Birth Cert on March 6th 2008. don't know how long it would take. my ref number for prev application was 2475**.

is there any one who have similiar situation like me?

dec25born
Newly Registered

Post by dec25born » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 pm

I sent an email asking for reference number and then followed up with a phone call.
They lady on the phone informed me that I should get the reference number by this weekend.
This is the reply I got to my email asking for a reference number:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your email.

In order to allow us to maximise our service to customers requiring assistance with the application process or general advice we will not provide application acknowledgements or reference numbers.

Once an application has been received by the HSMP Case Working Team they will send an acknowledgment in the form of a letter or email which will confirm the reference number and date of application receipt.

You may wish to check with your bank that payment for your application has been debited, as this will confirm for you that your application has been received by our payment processing centre.
Please note for future reference;

The Work Permit Contact Centre no longer provides progress updates on applications that are within our published service standards.

This will enable us to maximise our service to customers that require assistance with the application process or general advice.

Work Permits will still continue to confirm if an application, Urgent Treatment request or Review request has been received, but we will not provide any further updates unless the application exceeds the agreed service standard for that particular application.

For up-to-date information on our application service standards, please visit http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk

Please note that when a decision is made on your application, any documents and accompanying decision letter will be returned to your specified address by post or other agreed delivery method.

If your application has exceeded the service standard and you require a progress check, you can contact us by email with your full name, date of birth, nationality and any application or delivery reference number that you may have so that we may locate your application.

Or, you can also write to our Contact Centre at:

Customer Contact Centre
Managed Migration Directorate
Home Office
PO BOX 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Or you can telephone or fax us on the following numbers:

Tel: 0114 207 4074

If your query is not urgent, it would be most beneficial for you to call the Customer Contact Centre after 14.00 on a Monday, or from Tuesday - Friday, as this will reduce your waiting time to speak to one of our advisors.
I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

XXXXX XXXXXX
Customer Service Advisor
Customer Contact Centre
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Telephone: 0114 207 4074

sxjutu
Newly Registered

Post by sxjutu » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Hi All,

I am applying from INDIA.

25/Mar/2008 : Application sent via courier from india
27/Mar/2008 : Application delivered (According to FEDEX)
31/Mar/2008 : Fee Debited
01/Apr/2008 : Application received (According to HO)
03/Apr/2008 : Reference Number received - 2581** via email.

I think I fall under new rules... :(

Please correct me if I am wrong.

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:03 pm

sxjutu wrote:Hi All,

I am applying from INDIA.

25/Mar/2008 : Application sent via courier from india
27/Mar/2008 : Application delivered (According to FEDEX)
31/Mar/2008 : Fee Debited
01/Apr/2008 : Application received (According to HO)
03/Apr/2008 : Reference Number received - 2581** via email.

I think I fall under new rules... :(

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Looks like they are clearing out the HSMP applications from India first to phase it out... My application was also sent on 25th March, delivered on 27th March, fee debited on 31st March, but no sign of an acknowledgment or a reference number so far... I applied from East Africa.