ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! EEA2 Passport Return

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chika
Newly Registered

Urgent! EEA2 Passport Return

Post by chika » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi All,

We applied for my non-eea parents EEA2 (5yrs residence Card) and we urgently need to travel by end of November (Only one month left!), therefore, require our docs to be returned.

I read some contradictory messages i.e some say you could only request doc after biometric has been taken, some people have received their passports without even asking for it and some people are saying that they can just request their passport any time after 10 working days of applying.

Could anyone advise what is the real situation? And what is the best way of getting passports back before End of Nov?

It has been more than a month but we are yet to receive an acknowledgement email with case reference number or biometric letter. (See timeline below). I have now requested our passports back as an EEA applicant detailing all the individual's passports whilst mentioning that we do not want to withdraw the application.

Applications submitted- 19th Sep
Application Received - 20th Sep
Payment Taken - 21st Sep
Requested Passports Back: 19th Oct 2017
Email received - ???
Biometric- ???

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Urgent! EEA2 Passport Return

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:49 pm

Maybe you should call home office and find out. At this stage, you need info from someone knows their internal process.

George12
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by George12 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:12 pm

I had requested my passport as well, It took 40 days to receive the passport.
They have a very bad process. They ask to call, then people who answer your phone will forward your request and ask you to call back again after 10 days, this cycle would repeat but you will get it within 40/50 days.

Make sure you set up a complaint process for the delay. They need to know its not fair to give wrong info to people about receiving docs in 10 days.

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:45 am

I requested my passport online and i got under 10 working day !! so hold your nerves!! give them sometime aswell

chika
Newly Registered

Post by chika » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:13 pm

aarshad01 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:45 am
I requested my passport online and i got under 10 working day !! so hold your nerves!! give them sometime aswell
Do U mind me asking when did you request it? Was it before biometrics or after?

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:42 pm

My Bio Metric and passport came in the same time when i requested !! it was exactly after 10 working days

chika
Newly Registered

Post by chika » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:06 am

aarshad01 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:42 pm
My Bio Metric and passport came in the same time when i requested !! it was exactly after 10 working days
Thanks, do you think does that really matter if we requested passports for travel purposes? I have read they don't give the passport back if it is for travelling purposes?

What reason did u state?

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:47 am

chika wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:06 am
aarshad01 wrote:
Thanks, do you think does that really matter if we requested passports for travel purposes? I have read they don't give the passport back if it is for travelling purposes?

What reason did u state?
Well i asked for traveling purpose and they returned it, as it was for traveling ,until Rynair cancelled all there flights! its better not make urself think more than you should on this, if they didnt returned in the time frame! request again -and calling helpline is just a waste of time!

chika
Newly Registered

Post by chika » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 pm

aarshad01 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:47 am
chika wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:06 am
aarshad01 wrote:

What reason did u state?
Well i asked for traveling purpose and they returned it, as it was for traveling ,until Rynair cancelled all there flights! its better not make urself think more than you should on this, if they didnt returned in the time frame! request again -and calling helpline is just a waste of time!
Thanks Arshad.

Just an update.... we received biometric request letter on 30th which we enrolled on the same day, however, still haven't received the documents yet so I have submitted docs. not yet received enquiry so let's see...

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:08 pm

ok thanks very good news for you!!!

chika
Newly Registered

Post by chika » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:57 am

Hi All,

Just to let all know I have received our documents now. Here is the timeline which may help someone in future. (extremely glad and mollified)

Application for Non-EEA parents off

Applications submitted- 19th Sep
Application Received - 20th Sep
Payment Taken - 21st Sep
Requested Passports Back: 19th Oct 2017 after approx. 4 weeks
Email received - (have not received an email yet)
Biometric Letter received on 30th October (Letter dated 26th)
Biometrics enrolled: 30th October
Sent a second chaser through online documents not yet returned service on 2nd November.
Received CoA on 7th Nov 2017 (dated 2nd November)
Received Passports on 7th Nov 2017 (Dated 1st November) implying that they already triggered my passport request on 1st i.e. I didn't need to send the second request but it just took longer to be delivered.

Thanks all for your help

Elizabella
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Elizabella » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:51 am

Glad you got your documents! I would advise everyone planning to ask for their passport back to give it plenty (like LOTS) of time before you need to travel. I asked for mine back 6 weeks ago (and have chased twice with the form and four times on the phone. I'm posting a letter today).

fegodoy
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by fegodoy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Hello, I applied to an EEA FM visa in 07/06/17 and my application is still awaiting a decision. My provisional Visa expired in September and my permanent Visa may be given only in December (considering the 6 months avarege time of reply). I was about to ask for my passport return today as I am planning to travel abroad the UK in December and I am afraid I may not get my passport on time. But I got confused about the following remark stated in the form:

QUOTE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
. if I ask for documents back, the application may take longer to process;
· if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;
UNQUOTE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Does that mean that I could not leave the UK until I get my permanent Visa application approved?

Also I would like to know if it is possible to request for a faster reply of my application as a EEA FM as an alternative to speed up the process and get my passport back without the risk of having my application withdrawned in case I would have to travel abroad without my permanent Visa.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me to clarify these issues.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:35 pm

fegodoy wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:10 pm
Hello, I applied to an EEA FM visa in 07/06/17 and my application is still awaiting a decision. My provisional Visa expired in September and my permanent Visa may be given only in December (considering the 6 months avarege time of reply). I was about to ask for my passport return today as I am planning to travel abroad the UK in December and I am afraid I may not get my passport on time. But I got confused about the following remark stated in the form:

QUOTE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
. if I ask for documents back, the application may take longer to process; Requesting for pp does not have any impact on the speed at which your application is processed. Sometimes HO dont honour passport return request for some applicants until the application is processed.
· if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;
You are not subject to immigration control as FM of EEA national so the quote is not applicable to you
UNQUOTE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Does that mean that I could not leave the UK until I get my permanent Visa application approved? you can leave the UK if home office sends ur doc. Out of curiosity, how do you intend to travel if your provisional visa has expired? You may be inconvenienced on re-entry to UK without a visa or residence card. Are you travelling with your partner?

Also I would like to know if it is possible to request for a faster reply of my application as a EEA FM as an alternative to speed up the process and get my passport back without the risk of having my application withdrawned in case I would have to travel abroad without my permanent Visa.there is no shortcut. You have to wait like everyone else.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me to clarify these issues.