ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correcting a wrong detail in MN1 form - can I use a white ink

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

trek

Correcting a wrong detail in MN1 form - can I use a white ink

Post by trek » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 am

Hi Moderators/Users,

In the MN1 form , the 2nd referee has made an error, instead of date of birth the referee has filled in wrong year.
Unfortunately , I cannot simply replace the page , since on the back the 1st referee has filled in the details. I have to get the correction done on the same place itself.

Please let me know

a) should the white ink/tippex be used to correct and refill by referee and also referee sign at the place of correction.
Or
b) Just cut the date (one dashed line) and ask the refrree the put the correct date on top and ask teh referee to sign ?

What is the right way?

Another quick question, in the form places where its is not mentioned whether boxes are to be ticked or not, should I use "cross" or "tick" ?

Awaiting your reply urgently.

Thanks & Regards,
Trek

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Correcting a wrong detail in MN1 form - can I use a white ink

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 am

Do not use tippex/white out on the form. Get your referee to cross it out, write the correct year and initial the change.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.