ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) absence from the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidorka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SET (M) absence from the UK

Post by sidorka » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Hello

I have noticed that the requirement in 9.13 of SET(M) form has changed in the latest version. It now says "Please provide details of all periods of absence from the UK during that time" whereas before it was asking to provide absence only for the periods of more than 6 months.
I have nothing to hide and happy to provide all my holiday information however does this change imply that SET(M) now requires some documented evidence for the period of absence? There is also a requirement to prove "Evidence of continuous residence in the UK". What is actually required here?

thanks
Irina

sidorka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: SET (M) absence from the UK

Post by sidorka » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Hello

can someone please reply? I have searched a lot of threads but so far the proof of continuous residence was only required for other types of applications not SET (M). Does the new requirement mean that the letter from employer with the absences is required for SET (M) too?

thanks
Irina

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Evidence of continuous residence has always been a requirement, i.e. cohabitation documents.

Where exactly is the form asking for evidence of absence? I certainly cannot see it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sidorka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sidorka » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:16 pm

So to confirm, when the SET (M) form (last page) asks for "Evidence of continuous residence in the UK", then this means the documents confirming living together at the same address, ie mortgage statement, council tax bill and land registry?

In terms of absence, the section 9.13 has changed as of June'17 and it now requires to indicate ALL periods of absence from the UK rather than periods of absence over 6 months as it used to be in a previous version of the form. Therefore i wanted to check if this potentially requires any documented evidence or not.

thanks
Irina

loveandpolisci
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by loveandpolisci » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi Irina,

Just wondering if you ever managed to figure this one out? I am in the process of applying and noticed this change as well.

Thanks,
Sean

hb0506
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by hb0506 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:31 am

Did anyone get an answer to this question - i've tried asking and searching but no luck?

hb0506
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by hb0506 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:23 pm
Evidence of continuous residence has always been a requirement, i.e. cohabitation documents.

Where exactly is the form asking for evidence of absence? I certainly cannot see it.
It asks under 9.13 to list all absences during the time - previous part to the question asks how long have you lived in the uk.

It used to say absences over a certain amount of time but now says all and has 4 rows only?

hussanmaan
Newly Registered

Post by hussanmaan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:16 pm

hi,

what you are adding in absence from UK section area ?

Update over here about your output as well.

Moonset007
United Kingdom

Post by Moonset007 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:28 am

Hi,

You have to list all your absences from UK now with the new form and you have to continue in a separate paper if you have more than 4 - 5 absences and include it with your form . Also, you need to include any old passport to show your absences

sidorka
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sidorka » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:04 am

Hello Moonset,
thanks a lot for the reply, i think a lot of people wanted to see this information. Was it based on your recent experience with submitting a form? If thats the case hope all went or will go well for you!
thanks
Irina

hb0506
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by hb0506 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:59 am

I’ve also seen this on another forum and you must detail every absence over the 5 years - took me forever on a spreadsheet as had to work it out for stamps!

Does this mean they are likely to refuse if been away too much?