ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 Years - Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mansoorash

ILR 10 Years - Eligibility

Post by mansoorash » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Hello everyone,

Just before I book an appointment for the same day service, I wanted to confirm if I am indeed eligible to apply for an ILR on the 10 years basis. A brief history is as follows:
  • Arrived in the UK: Jan 2005 (student visa) with expiry date in Sep 2005
  • Student visa extended: Sep 2005 to Sep 2008
  • Left the country during May 2016 and came back to the UK in Dec 2007 (yes, a gap of one year and a half, attended a different course at a different institution, a little delay at the airport but I was let go eventually)
  • Since 2007, I have had student visas, a PSW and then Tier 2 (g) and now I am on my Tier 2 (g) extension with no long breaks ever since.
My understanding is that I will become eligible to apply for an ILR in Dec 2017. I'd be grateful if someone could confirm this please.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR 10 Years - Eligibility

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Yes, no sooner than within 28 days of the 10 year anniversary date of your date of entry in 2007.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Thank you, CR001.

If I can please take the liberty, I have a few questions in terms of filling in the SET (LR) form and I will be extremely thankful if you could please help me with these too.
Question D2: When did you first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at
the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
Shall I write 13 Jan 2005, being the very first entry date or should i enter 29 Dec 2007, the date of the entry stamp on my passport when I got back to the UK after 584 days absence.
D3. Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and
returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences
however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and
enclose it with your application.
Can I write 'Annual Leave' as being the reason for absence? I am on Tier 2 visa at the moment so will I need a letter from the employer approving all these absences as paid leaves if I were to go ahead and state the reason as annual leave?
D13. Please state what ties you have with:
• the country where you were born
• any country whose nationality you hold
• any country where you have lived for more than five years
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.
Does this include UK too? As I have been in the UK for longer than five years.
E13. How long have you lived in the UK?
Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than six months during that time
Shall I start counting the period from the very first entry i.e. Jan 2005 or after my 584 days absence?

Once again, thank you for your help.

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:05 am

Guys, my appointment is soon coming up. I will highly appreciate any comments/answers to my queries above.

Also, what happens after my ILR application and SMS notification. Does my employer still need to notify the Home Office when I eventually leave work after my ILR?

Thanks.

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm

Guys, I will really appreciate if someone can please respond.

I need to fill in the form and I will be grateful for any comments/guidance.

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Also, what happens after my ILR application and SMS notification. Does my employer still need to notify the Home Office when I eventually leave work after my ILR?
It does not matter anymore in case you get ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:32 am

Guys, I have an appointment during the first week of December and I will be very grateful if someone could help me with the SET(LR) form queries above please.

Thanks very much.