ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN Naturalisation Citizenship applicaiton NCS JCAP and Passport application questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cr87
Newly Registered

Form AN Naturalisation Citizenship applicaiton NCS JCAP and Passport application questions

Post by cr87 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:46 am

Hi All

I am going for joint application naturalisation and passport at Brent Cross council. I am applying based on 5 years ILR + 1 year (non-eu) (single application).

I received my ILR on the 12 November 2016. I am going for naturalisation on the 13 November 2017

I kindly need some clarifications on few things, some may look obvious please bear with me I am no expert: -

1. My life in uk certificate, will the original one be kept by HO?

2. I do have all my p60s from my current employer (working for them since 2010). Is there anything else I need from my employer for this application?

3. My P60s & payslips are PDFs online. Do I need to print for NCS?

4. I go back to my birth town often to visit my parents during my paid annual leave, will that play against me? I have always been absent within the statuary allowed time. Outside the uk total 191 days for 5 years.

5. The reasons I put in my absence are ‘visiting family and holidays’ which is the true reasons. is that ok?

6. Back in 2011, my tier 2 general from psw was rejected because my employer did not use the right code and hence salary was well below. We applied before my post study work visa expired and it was approved. Will that play against me on good character?

7. On page 27 form AN, this does not apply to me, do I just use a ruler and cross the whole thing out?

8. The 2 referees are 2 British born directors from my current work. Is that alright?

9. I will send my application on the 13/11/17 at NCS and my referees signed the form on the 23/10/17. Is it ok?

10. That question on page 23, 6.7 BRP enclosed, some people say yes, some say no. Which one I need to tick please from latest advice? I must keep my BRP as I will travel in December. Do I tick ‘other’? Do I need to say anything for 6.11 and 6.12? So many different answers on threads.

11. I do plan to travel in mid-December for 2 weeks holidays. Any problem if I have already done my biometric before I go away?

12. On the payment page for naturalisation do I put the amount £1282? or is there any other fees to add?

13. On the payment page for passport do I put only £72.50?

14. At the moment, the form for naturalisation AN is February 2017, if the form changes on the 13 November 2017 on the day of my appointment, will I still be able to use old form?

15. Why is it I have to put my number in section 8 on passport application and not in the section 2?

16. I have a cancelled old passport the one before my current one with student visa and PSW visa, do I need to bring that also?

17. My local council is not Brent cross. Will my certificate be sent to my local council? I would like everything to be done by Brent council even the ceremony. So, on page 6 on Form AN I did put their address. Is that ok?

18. From start of this to process up to receiving passport, what couriers & mail system the home office, passport office use? Because if I am at work there will not be anyone to sign for any document at my home. On form AN there is no correspondence address, I would put my work address

19. Has anyone recently applied within last 6 months had any experience at Brent cross council?

Thank you for your precious and valuable time to help once again. I shall share as well after appointment. Hopefully these questions & answers will also help others too.

Thank you

Cr78

tallahassee

Re: Form AN Naturalisation Citizenship applicaiton NCS JCAP and Passport application questions

Post by tallahassee » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:24 am

Hi there,

Trying to answer as much as I can:

1. Yes, they will keep the original.

2. I think this is fine, however, to be on the safe side I would also request a letter of employment from your employer stating salary, full time employment status and the dates since when you have been working there

3. I printed my P60s for the NCS, don't think you will need payslips

4. Shouldn't be a problem whatsoever

5. That is fine

6. I don't know about this, but you may want to explain this in a cover letter. Wait for someone else to comment

7. If you are referring to point 7.7, then yes cross out that paragraph (not the rest below though)

8. Should be fine, as long as their job title is on the approved list of jobs for professionals

9. That is fine, I think signatures shouldn't be older than 6 months from what I read on here (had the same question)

10. Not sure as I am EEA, wait for someone else to comment

11. No problem

12. £1282 it is

13. The NCS lady filled this out for me - you can leave blank if unsure about the fee

14. Tricky, edge case scenario, but I think usually the forms get updated early in the new year. Let's hope that doesn't happen. In theory you need to use the newest form at all times (when applying via NCS at least).

15. Good question, no idea. I was asked to do the same by NCS. No idea, I left both blank and confirmed during my appointment at the NCS.

16. Doesn't harm to do so, so bring it and they will photocopy it if they deem it appropriate.

17. I think that's OK but wait for someone else to comment.

18. I think the NCS uses some courier service I can't remember the name of (DX?) to send your application. Home office will send your biometrics letters via second class post in a brown envelope (mine took 10+ working days to get to me once they sent it. Makes you wonder what you pay the £1282 for) I am not sure how your approval letter / passport eventually get sent to you.

19. N/A

Hope this provides some help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Form AN Naturalisation Citizenship applicaiton NCS JCAP and Passport application questions

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:55 am

Regarding points 2 and 3, agree with previous post, ask your employer for a letter stating you work for them, from/to, position (reference style). Saves messing about with P60. Did the same covering 10 years employment (one employer only).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

cr87
Newly Registered

Post by cr87 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:25 am

Hi guys,

Many thanks to you both and for the prompt reply.

I have just got my work contract re-printed, singed with today dates showing salary , job title and start date. I also did print all my P60s since I started to work for the company and 5 months payslips. I also have employment history for all from HMRC.

Regarding the failed application from PSW to Tier 2, salary/soc code. What I read on here is, The employer is responsible for the soc code. I hope this will not have an impact on my good character.

Anyone else can shed some light on the unanswered questions number 10,etc ?

Anyone has specific experience at Brent Cross?

On the payment form for the citizenship there is a box says HO reference ? I know my reference, can I put it up there ? or is it a different one ?

Thank you
Cr