ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 Years Graduation for IT Proffessional

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shuvo27
Newly Registered

3 Years Graduation for IT Proffessional

Post by shuvo27 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:37 pm

I have 4 years solid experience as a software developer.But I have a Graduation from an Indian University,which is a 3 years course.Is that enough for applying to ACS?In the immigration website, it is written that U need a bachelors degree and 4 years exp or 3 years advanced diploma and 6 years exp.My degree is definitlely not a diploma...but I am confused if ACS is going to accept it as a Full Graduation . Can anyone please clarify this issue?

misha3d
Newly Registered

Post by misha3d » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:10 pm

The ACS (Australia Computer Society) guidelines state the following for Group A assessment:
http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=skillguidelines wrote:
  • (a) Contain a minimum of three semesters*; and
    (b) Contain a minimum of twelve units; and
    (c) Contain two semesters* of full-time equivalent ICT content; and
    (d) Be underpinned by an ICT or non-ICT degree level qualification or an AQF Advanced Diploma or Diploma or equivalent; and
    (e) Have at least one semester* of ICT study at a demonstrably advanced level.
* Duration of study is expressed for full-time study. Where study is completed at a rate less
than full-time, then scaling to the equivalent of full-time is applied.

See ACS Guidelines page 4/5
This degree would require the 4 yrs experience.

So as far as I understand it, you should be good to go...

shuvo27
Newly Registered

Confused

Post by shuvo27 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:33 am

Sorry,I think there is confusion.My degree is undergraduate/Bachelors level.The crtierias's that u described here is for graduate diploma or Masters.In group A it is written "an overseas qualification assessed as being comparable to an Australian Bachelor
degree, or Graduate Diploma, or higher degree qualification, with a major in ICT." What do they mean by this comparable to australian degree?Is it a must, that the course is 4 years?

misha3d
Newly Registered

Post by misha3d » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:42 am

Looking at the points from the guidelines, a degree comparable to an Australian Bachelor would have at least 3 semesters, 2 of them full time ICT.

So I think if you have 3 years (6 semesters) your degree seems comparable.
acs guidelines wrote: 2.2.3. As a guide, a major in a Bachelor degree must have a minimum of two equivalent full-time
semesters of ICT content. Such ICT content must progress through all years of the
program with at least one third of it being at a demonstrably advanced level (final year
level).
I have a german Bachelor with 7 semesters, 50%IT and 50% design. As I understand the guidelines I'd be eligible. So to my understanding you'd be eligible too...

I might be wrong though...