ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for a family memebr of EU(end of relationship)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ohojska

BC for a family memebr of EU(end of relationship)

Post by ohojska » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 am

Dear All,
I do hold a permanent residecy card as a family member of EU national(unmarried partner). Soon I will be able to apply for BC. When I apply, will that matter if I am not any more in the relationship with my partner?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BC for a family memebr of EU(end of relationship)

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:41 am

AN application is on an individual basis - every person has to fulfill the requirements as per the AN Form and Guide Booklet. Just state your marital status(Single/Married/Divorced/etc).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ekaterinas2016

Re: BC for a family memebr of EU(end of relationship)

Post by Ekaterinas2016 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm a family member of an EEA citizen
As far as I am aware after you are granted PR it doesn't matter anymore if you are together or not
You have to fulfill residency requirement, good character requirement, life in the UK and English knowledge