ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

section 3c

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

section 3c

Post by nasiaziz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi zimba need your advice on this one.
if an application is in progress and your covered by 3C and u get a refusal then u apply admin review which is also refused so thats when ur 3c ends but the day it ends is within your 28 days of reaching 10 years can one apply for long residency ILR or does he become over stayer from the date of expiry of last leave which would be lets say a year ago because the application was in process for more than a year. or it doesnt matter because the 3C leave is counted as lawfull residence no matter application was refused or approved?
please advise
thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: section 3c

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Well Section 3C period counts as lawful stay. The long residence guide says:
You can grant an application if it is considered 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period, provided they meet all the other rules for long residence.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:00 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:33 pm
You can grant an application if it is considered 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period, provided they meet all the other rules for long residence.
Thank you zimba
so a refusal in admin review does one become overstayer from that date or the expiry date of the previous visa?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:27 pm

nasiaziz wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:00 pm
zimba88 wrote:
Thank you zimba
so a refusal in admin review does one become overstayer from that date or the expiry date of the previous visa?
You become an overstayer from the refusal of the AR.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:53 am

marcnath wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:27 pm
nasiaziz wrote:
zimba88 wrote:
Thank you zimba
Thanks for your reply marcnath,
so lets say if one doesnt wait for the result of the AR and while AR is pending and he reaches 10 years and applies for LR application within 28 DAYS of the qualifying period so it withdraws the AR automatically so does that make him overstayer from the date of the expiry of the last visa or from the date AR is withdrawn?
i saw in another post some one mentioned you become over stayer from the date of the last visa expiry if you apply new application when AR is pending?
please clarify
thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:17 am

nasiaziz wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:53 am
marcnath wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:27 pm
nasiaziz wrote:
zimba88 wrote:

Thank you zimba
Thanks for your reply marcnath,
so lets say if one doesnt wait for the result of the AR and while AR is pending and he reaches 10 years and applies for LR application within 28 DAYS of the qualifying period so it withdraws the AR automatically so does that make him overstayer from the date of the expiry of the last visa or from the date AR is withdrawn?
i saw in another post some one mentioned you become over stayer from the date of the last visa expiry if you apply new application when AR is pending?
please clarify
thank you
From the date AR is withdrawn
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:05 pm

You become an overstayer when AR is concluded or you withdraw it (or apply for a fresh application)
Your will be considered an overstayer from your visa expiry if your application is returned as invalid.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice