ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two Businesses

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Two Businesses

Post by marcnath » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:23 pm

1. From an immigration and extension application point of view, there is no impact in having additional shareholders or directors (as long as they are not T1E applicants themselves and want to use the investment/job creation evidence for their own extension).

2. He still needs to invest the 10K himself irrespective of how much the other investor puts in.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi Marc

Firstly, thankyou for your support regarding my visa queries. You have been very kind and helpful in my extension process.

Moving forward, I am just going to be as annoying as before :) with my questions in regard to my next extension hopefully. Since I would like to prepare well in advance, can you please help me with following queries:

1. I got Initial visa in March 2014. Entered in May 2014. Extension in End Oct 2017 till End Oct 2019. When will I be able to apply for my ILR extension - Oct 2019 (as 5 years of valid visa will be in Oct 2019) or May 2019 (as I will have technically spent 5 years already by May 2019) ?

2. Since my visa was granted Pre April 2014, will I be covered under old (pre Apr 2014) rules for job creations for my ILR as well ?

3. If so, can I continue to employ my 2 FT employees / have 1 FT + 1 PT for 24 months / 1 FT + 1PT for 12 Mo + 1PT for same 12 Mo - any combination - Is that the case ?

4. I still had my employees working for me from Jul 2017 - Oct 2017 and obviously still working - So Technically, have i lost these 4 months (when my visa was in process) and cant claim these 4 months in terms of job creation at the time of ILR ? Or I can count these 4 months which means I only have 8 more months (for requirement to be met for job creation only) ?

5. In a nutshell, For ILR, now only requirement will be Job Creation/continuity, Business continuity and Maintenance ? is that correct ?

6. Any other thing I need to be watchful of and plan ahead in terms of ILR extension based upon your experience / opinion ?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:12 pm

alijafri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:14 pm
Hi Marc

Firstly, thankyou for your support regarding my visa queries. You have been very kind and helpful in my extension process.

Moving forward, I am just going to be as annoying as before :) with my questions in regard to my next extension hopefully. Since I would like to prepare well in advance, can you please help me with following queries:

1. I got Initial visa in March 2014. Entered in May 2014. Extension in End Oct 2017 till End Oct 2019. When will I be able to apply for my ILR extension - Oct 2019 (as 5 years of valid visa will be in Oct 2019) or May 2019 (as I will have technically spent 5 years already by May 2019) ? ==> Actually March 2019 - you can count March to May as absence as long as total for the year does not exceed 180 days.

2. Since my visa was granted Pre April 2014, will I be covered under old (pre Apr 2014) rules for job creations for my ILR as well ? ==> Yes.

3. If so, can I continue to employ my 2 FT employees / have 1 FT + 1 PT for 24 months / 1 FT + 1PT for 12 Mo + 1PT for same 12 Mo - any combination - Is that the case ? ==> Yes.

4. I still had my employees working for me from Jul 2017 - Oct 2017 and obviously still working - So Technically, have i lost these 4 months (when my visa was in process) and cant claim these 4 months in terms of job creation at the time of ILR ? Or I can count these 4 months which means I only have 8 more months (for requirement to be met for job creation only) ? ==> You need 12 months after grant of extension .

5. In a nutshell, For ILR, now only requirement will be Job Creation/continuity, Business continuity and Maintenance ? is that correct ? ==> Maintainence is not needed. You have life in the uk test to be done

6. Any other thing I need to be watchful of and plan ahead in terms of ILR extension based upon your experience / opinion ? ==> Get your LIUK test done early.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Marc

Thank you for your response.

1. So I wouldnt have to submit my English, Maintenance, Investment proofs again. Just the Life in UK, Job continuity and Business Continuity ? Correct ?

2. My wife and childs visa expires the same time - can they apply with me as well ?

3. My wife will have spent 3 years in uk by then ? Will she still get a restricted dependent visa ? Or will she have ILR with me as well ?

4. Does she have to take LIUK test as well and also English test ?

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:10 pm

alijafri wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:52 pm
Marc

Thank you for your response.

1. So I wouldnt have to submit my English, Maintenance, Investment proofs again. Just the Life in UK, Job continuity and Business Continuity ? Correct ? ==> Yes. But there is also a requiremetn to show that you will not be dependant on benefits - no clear criteria. And of course, the genuine entrepreneur test.

2. My wife and childs visa expires the same time - can they apply with me as well ? ==> Yes, if they meet the residence requirments

3. My wife will have spent 3 years in uk by then ? Will she still get a restricted dependent visa ? Or will she have ILR with me as well ?==> Since it is not five years, you should apply for her PBS dependent visa, which will be given for two years. Maintenance fund has to be shown for that

4. Does she have to take LIUK test as well and also English test ? ==> LIUK, but only when she is eligible for ILR

Thanks

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi Marc

Means

1. for now, only I will have to take LIUK test.

2. My wife will have to take ielts and LIUK when she is eligible for ILR ?

3. My baby is born in UK, however will she also have to spend another 2-3 years after 2019 before a final settlement ?

4. At my ILR, will my wife get a dependent visa that time as well which restricts her from being a doctor in training just like she got this time ? Or she will get an unrestricted one because of my ILR ?

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi Marc

Did you have a chance to look at my queries ?

Can you please respond suggest further at your convenient time ?

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:33 pm

alijafri wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:22 pm
Hi Marc

Means

1. for now, only I will have to take LIUK test. Yes

2. My wife will have to take ielts and LIUK when she is eligible for ILR ? Should not need the language.

3. My baby is born in UK, however will she also have to spend another 2-3 years after 2019 before a final settlement ? Your baby can apply for Citizenship once you get your ILR. No need to wait.

4. At my ILR, will my wife get a dependent visa that time as well which restricts her from being a doctor in training just like she got this time ? Or she will get an unrestricted one because of my ILR ? It is still a PBS dependant visa, so has the same conditions.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi Marcnath

An urgent query - if you can kindly look into it plz.

1. My wife has gone outside UK in last week december 2017. She needs to complete her study training which will take her another 6 months - she will return end of June 2018 or early July 2018. So in total more than 180 continuous days outside UK. How will this affect her next visa extension/ILR ?

2. Does the 180 day rule apply for dependent as well ? If so, is it continuous stay ?

3. My Baby (born in UK last year) will obviously sty with her mum for this period which might be bit more than 180 days outside uk - will her citizenship/visa application be affected once I get my ILR ?

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:54 pm

alijafri wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:26 pm
Hi Marcnath

An urgent query - if you can kindly look into it plz.

1. My wife has gone outside UK in last week december 2017. She needs to complete her study training which will take her another 6 months - she will return end of June 2018 or early July 2018. So in total more than 180 continuous days outside UK. How will this affect her next visa extension/ILR ?
Absence does not affect extension at all. In your wife's case, it will not affect her ILR either. It will only have an impact for absences after the next extension.
alijafri wrote:
2. Does the 180 day rule apply for dependent as well ? If so, is it continuous stay ?
Yes, it does under the new rules but only for entry/extension Visa granted after 11 January 2018.
alijafri wrote:

3. My Baby (born in UK last year) will obviously sty with her mum for this period which might be bit more than 180 days outside uk - will her citizenship/visa application be affected once I get my ILR ?
No, there is no impact on children born in UK