ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cyndie
Newly Registered
Malawi

Refused British Citizenship

Post by Cyndie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 am

Hi,
I need advise.
I have just been refused the BC application because on the AN form, i declared my working period which included when my visa was refused
I the refusal letter they wrote " you were in the UK without valid leave 16/04/08 and 13/08/08 when you were refused student LTR and became AER, you were without lawful until 04/03/2011 when yiu were granted LTR therefore you were not compliant with UK immmigration laws during this period. You were informed on notice of liability dated 28/11/2008.
You have provided documentation which clearly shows you were working without permission. On your AN form when you stated you were working between Jan 07 to May 09 therefore your application is refused."
Has anybody applied for reconsideration, is it worth it or will jist lose more money on this.
I came as a student visa Jan06 my extension visa was refused in April 08 and claimed asylum in October 09 after i gave birth to my son and my asylum approved in March 2011 for 5 years and ILR in 2016.
My son's citizenship was approved in 2016 and hold BC passport.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Refused British Citizenship

Post by bruteforce » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 am

If you were indeed working during the dates when you had no leave, the refusal is correct and it would be waste of money asking for reconsideration or making new application.

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:04 am

Hi, sorry to hear what it happen to you, i would like to ask you after how many months you received the letter from home office saying that they refused your application? Thank you

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:12 am

Did they put on time limit as well when u can apply again.

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:16 am

In my opinion they had to tell him . But normally its 10 years ban from date they realised that something it was wrong. Good character requierment