ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application as a pensioner: some queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Intrepid V

Is an Email address compulsory on the Naturalisation Application Form?

Post by Intrepid V » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:52 pm

My mother is 71 years old and she is applying for British Citizenship, she lived in UK since 1997 and had ILR since 2004. I'm filling in the form for her and was wondering what to do about the Contact Sections, regarding email address, and also mobile phone number.

She does not have an email address - so can I leave this blank? Or should I just make an email address for her specifically for this purpose?

Also, regarding mobile phone - she has one, but she does not speak English, so if someone from Home Office calls her, she won't be able to speak with them anyway.

Your suggestions would be very appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is an Email address compulsory on the Naturalisation Application Form?

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Complete her mobile number if you wish. HO don't call applicants anyway, at least very unusual if they do.

Email address you could use yours if you wish to or create one for her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Intrepid V

Re: Is an Email address compulsory on the Naturalisation Application Form?

Post by Intrepid V » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Thanks!

Intrepid V

Naturalisation Application as a pensioner: some queries

Post by Intrepid V » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Dear all, I'm filling in the naturalisation application form for my mother, who is 71 years old. She has lived in UK since 1997 (she claimed asylum then), and had ILR since 2004. My questions:

1.17, addresses for past 5 years: in what order do I list them? Starting from the oldest one going to the current address, or in reverse?

1.45 "Occupation": My mother has never worked in the UK. Untill 2004, she was asylum seeker (so could not legally work), and from 2004 to 2006 she received Job Seeker's Allowance. In 2006, she turned 60 and thus qualified for Pension Credit scheme (as opposed to normal government pension, since she did not work here). What should I state here? "Pensioner", or something else?

1.49 Address of tax office: I guess this does not apply, so should I write N/A ?

7.7 (in Declaration section): my mother did not require to pass the Knowledge of language/life in UK due to her age. Does this mean, to quote 7.7, that she does "not meet all of the statuory requirements for naturalisation" but she has "special circumstances"?

Or is 7.7 not applicable and she should delete this question ?

General question: does she need to provide documentation regarding her employment status (or lack of) from the past, going back to around 2006, or are just the last several years enough? Given that she has pension credit letters, ILR letter, but no letters between 2004-2006 when she was in receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance (she has thrown all those away).

Thanks for your answers!

P.S. I have posted this in the "Advice on filling form AN" thread earlier, but I get the feeling that thread is not being checked often, and I need to do this by Thursday morning, hence I am posting this separately.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Naturalisation Application as a pensioner: some queries

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 am

Intrepid V wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 pm
Dear all, I'm filling in the naturalisation application form for my mother, who is 71 years old. She has lived in UK since 1997 (she claimed asylum then), and had ILR since 2004. My questions:

1.17, addresses for past 5 years: in what order do I list them? Starting from the oldest one going to the current address, or in reverse? from the most current address down

1.45 "Occupation": My mother has never worked in the UK. Untill 2004, she was asylum seeker (so could not legally work), and from 2004 to 2006 she received Job Seeker's Allowance. In 2006, she turned 60 and thus qualified for Pension Credit scheme (as opposed to normal government pension, since she did not work here). What should I state here? "Pensioner", or something else?put never been employed

1.49 Address of tax office: I guess this does not apply, so should I write N/A ?N/A

7.7 (in Declaration section): my mother did not require to pass the Knowledge of language/life in UK due to her age. Does this mean, to quote 7.7, that she does "not meet all of the statuory requirements for naturalisation" but she has "special circumstances"? N/A they will see this from her DOB

Or is 7.7 not applicable and she should delete this question ?

General question: does she need to provide documentation regarding her employment status (or lack of) from the past, going back to around 2006, or are just the last several years enough? Given that she has pension credit letters, ILR letter, but no letters between 2004-2006 when she was in receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance (she has thrown all those away). you only need documentation for the last 5 yrs plus your ILR

Thanks for your answers!

P.S. I have posted this in the "Advice on filling form AN" thread earlier, but I get the feeling that thread is not being checked often, and I need to do this by Thursday morning, hence I am posting this separately.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:33 am

Intrepid V wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:28 pm

1.17, addresses for past 5 years: in what order do I list them? Starting from the oldest one going to the current address, or in reverse? Most recent address first.

1.45 "Occupation": My mother has never worked in the UK. Untill 2004, she was asylum seeker (so could not legally work), and from 2004 to 2006 she received Job Seeker's Allowance. In 2006, she turned 60 and thus qualified for Pension Credit scheme (as opposed to normal government pension, since she did not work here). What should I state here? "Pensioner", or something else? Unemployed. Working is not mandatory for citizenship.

1.49 Address of tax office: I guess this does not apply, so should I write N/A ? Yes, N/A

7.7 (in Declaration section): my mother did not require to pass the Knowledge of language/life in UK due to her age. Does this mean, to quote 7.7, that she does "not meet all of the statuory requirements for naturalisation" but she has "special circumstances"? No. Cross out this paragraph as stated, do not tick the box. HO knows the rules regarding exemption of LIUK and English test re age of applicant.

Or is 7.7 not applicable and she should delete this question ? As stated above.

General question: does she need to provide documentation regarding her employment status (or lack of) from the past, going back to around 2006, or are just the last several years enough? Given that she has pension credit letters, ILR letter, but no letters between 2004-2006 when she was in receipt of Jobseeker's Allowance (she has thrown all those away). No.

Thanks for your answers!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 am

@ Intrepid V - it is not necessary to make duplicate posts on the forum (Topic Advice on completing form AN & starting a new topic).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 am

Kindly also keep all your questions on the same application on ONE thread/topic.

See also Multiple Topics/Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Intrepid V

Post by Intrepid V » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks for all the replies.

One more thing... Regarding both NA form and Passport application form:

My mother has to state details of her parents (date of birth, town, etc). The problem is that her parents were born at the end of 19th century, in different parts of the former Russian Empire; her father never had a birth certificate and she doesn't know his exact birth date. Both parents are now deceased.

What should we write then for those details? Just some approximate birth dates, etc? Or simply put "unknown"?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:13 pm

She can write 'details not known'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)