ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(PR) Confusion, please help (CSI question)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lucy0105
Newly Registered
Russia

EEA(PR) Confusion, please help (CSI question)

Post by lucy0105 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi all,

I hope, someone can help me here.

I came to UK back in 2008,worked since 2008, with few career break( max.2-3 months while looking for work). Since 2015 I am a part-time student, however I am still working 20 or more hours per week. I am an EU Citizen , but my husband holds Ukranian passport. His 5 year Resident card is due to expire soon, so we`ve decided to apply for PR. My question is - as a student I must have CSI, however I am not sure if thats applicable in my case as I have always worked since arrival and never even thought about CSI.
Please help.

Many thanks
Lucy

Elizabella
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: EEA(PR) Confusion, please help (CSI question)

Post by Elizabella » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:21 am

From what I understand, you would have to apply on the basis of 5 years of continuous working or job seeking as the way that you exercised your treaty rights.

I ended up applying for a EEA FM again after 5 years on an EEA FM as we didn't have CSI for the 3 years that we were students, making me ineligible for EEA PR. (Weirdly they issued the original EEA2 residence card on the basis of an EHIC issued in the UK and my husband's old German health card. I'm not sure that would be approved anymore.)