ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baccus99
United Kingdom

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by baccus99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:34 am

chyke82 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:17 am
Applied on 14th June 2017 via NCS Camden and has been "awaiting decision" for ever, sent an email to UKVI yesterday, and today got a reply saying my application is with a caseworker and i will be notified with a decision within 3 weeks :|
I emailed the FMT email address yesterday at 15:45 and just received an update via email which didn't say much except: "All applications are dealt with in date receipt order, as your application was received on the 29/08 it will be a while longer before it is considered, once your application has been decided you will be contacted by your case worker"

Clearly this is a bit of a lie as I have seen people with my same timeline or later already having been decided and some even had the ceremony/passport done. They could be a bit more truthful and tell me more, but they clearly won't...disappointing!

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:40 am

baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:37 am

Hi again Ariskar,

it seems bizarre that you have not received the biometric enrollment letter with the acknowledgement letter for your application! Mine was contained in the same envelope and requested me to submit biometrics within a 15 days timeframe. Are you 100% sure the letter does not include it? That seems odd, but then again I could have been lucky in terms of lower submissions in the Aug/Sept timeframe and I have seen corresponding applications being dealt with on the same impetus as with mine.
Can I ask: are you EU or non-EU? If the latter I guess you have a BRP already and maybe the process is different. As I am EU, I didn't have any BRP and tehy must collect biometrics for all applicants anyhow..
Thanks again, baccus99. It was not included, but will double check when back home. I am an EEA citizen applying through 5 years + 1 year PR and haven't given HO biometric data before (as most EEA citizens resident in the UK).

Was your biometric enrollment (request) letter on the same sheet (back page) as the acknowledgment one or a separate sheet letter?

My acknowledgment letter looks like this (after redacting personal data):

dhyperion
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dhyperion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:28 pm

ariskar wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:40 am
baccus99 wrote:

Hi again Ariskar,

it seems bizarre that you have not received the biometric enrollment letter with the acknowledgement letter for your application! Mine was contained in the same envelope and requested me to submit biometrics within a 15 days timeframe. Are you 100% sure the letter does not include it? That seems odd, but then again I could have been lucky in terms of lower submissions in the Aug/Sept timeframe and I have seen corresponding applications being dealt with on the same impetus as with mine.
Can I ask: are you EU or non-EU? If the latter I guess you have a BRP already and maybe the process is different. As I am EU, I didn't have any BRP and tehy must collect biometrics for all applicants anyhow..
Thanks again, baccus99. It was not included, but will double check when back home. I am an EEA citizen applying through 5 years + 1 year PR and haven't given HO biometric data before (as most EEA citizens resident in the UK).

Was your biometric enrollment (request) letter on the same sheet (back page) as the acknowledgment one or a separate sheet letter?

Your biometric letter should arrive in a separate envelope. It can take up to 4 weeks to get one.

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 pm

ariskar wrote:
baccus99 wrote:

Hi again Ariskar,

Hi again,

in mine I received a separate sheet which is the one you need to take to a participating Post Office to get your biometrics enrolled. I also believe from memory (I have filed the lot away and cannot check now), that it had a covering letter and in there it asked me to go and do the biometrics within 15 days. In fact due to the urgency and the speed they were going at, I drove 80 miles round trip the following morning to get the biometrics done in the next county to mine as there is no local PO that takes biometrics where I reside!

I am thinking you have not been sent everything you need. I recommend you do this:

- email nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - they seem to respond fast!
- Explain to them what you have received so far and ask them if they have not included everything to allow you to proceed with your end of the bargain - they should be able to email you an attachment if necessary.

Let us know how you get on!

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:40 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 pm
ariskar wrote:
baccus99 wrote:

Hi again Ariskar,

Hi again,

in mine I received a separate sheet which is the one you need to take to a participating Post Office to get your biometrics enrolled. I also believe from memory (I have filed the lot away and cannot check now), that it had a covering letter and in there it asked me to go and do the biometrics within 15 days. In fact due to the urgency and the speed they were going at, I drove 80 miles round trip the following morning to get the biometrics done in the next county to mine as there is no local PO that takes biometrics where I reside!

I am thinking you have not been sent everything you need. I recommend you do this:

- email nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - they seem to respond fast!
- Explain to them what you have received so far and ask them if they have not included everything to allow you to proceed with your end of the bargain - they should be able to email you an attachment if necessary.

Let us know how you get on!
I acted upon your suggestion. I also found this email address: email NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, which I feel may be the relevant recipient for this question and I sent a copy of the same question to both email addresses.
*NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk had an auto-response mail that mentioned that they will answer within 10 working days.
**nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk did not auto-respond

I will keep you posted. Thanks again.
Last edited by ariskar on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:43 pm

amehmood04916 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:53 pm
Hello All. I applies 19.05.17 through NCS leeds. on 24.10.2017 received a letter from Homeoffice requesting original passports which i sent by special delivery with self addressed special delivery envelop. Today I checked online status showing awaiting decision so I emailed home to check what going on as I needed my original passports to travel soon. They replied within an hour saying we have posted my passports in same envelop which I sent. I tracked it but its not showing anything. Now I checked online status and it showing decided. At least its decided now and let see when Would I receive my documents. But bit worried as it was a special delivery envelop which should have been received by 1pm today.
That's interesting. I applied on 19th September and my status changed today to "decided". Too soon, I think, and, honestly I'm a bit distressed for the mere thought that anything went wrong and they have refused my application.

Anyway, I say it's interesting because I happened to request my passport back two weeks ago and last week sent some additional evidence of residence just in case. Reading about your case it makes me think that although these actions by themselves will not "fast track" an application, there may have cases where they already have the results of any queries they make in the course of the application, yet the application may be sort of waiting for someone to check those results and tick the right box with a decision. Then, if for any reason you make them access the application and they see everything is completed they may just make at the same time the appropriate decision.

On the other hand, in may case, they may have seen something so wrong at an early stage that they have refused the application without making any queries at all. Who knows. Well, I'll probably know in a couple of weeks. :|

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:51 pm

fawinds wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:43 pm
amehmood04916 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:53 pm
Hello All. I applies 19.05.17 through NCS leeds. on 24.10.2017 received a letter from Homeoffice requesting original passports which i sent by special delivery with self addressed special delivery envelop. Today I checked online status showing awaiting decision so I emailed home to check what going on as I needed my original passports to travel soon. They replied within an hour saying we have posted my passports in same envelop which I sent. I tracked it but its not showing anything. Now I checked online status and it showing decided. At least its decided now and let see when Would I receive my documents. But bit worried as it was a special delivery envelop which should have been received by 1pm today.
That's interesting. I applied on 19th September and my status changed today to "decided". Too soon, I think, and, honestly I'm a bit distressed for the mere thought that anything went wrong and they have refused my application.

Anyway, I say it's interesting because I happened to request my passport back two weeks ago and last week sent some additional evidence of residence just in case. Reading about your case it makes me think that although these actions by themselves will not "fast track" an application, there may have cases where they already have the results of any queries they make in the course of the application, yet the application may be sort of waiting for someone to check those results and tick the right box with a decision. Then, if for any reason you make them access the application and they see everything is completed they may just make at the same time the appropriate decision.

On the other hand, in may case, they may have seen something so wrong at an early stage that they have refused the application without making any queries at all. Who knows. Well, I'll probably know in a couple of weeks. :|
I'm sure you will be approved, you just got lucky :)

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:07 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:51 pm
I'm sure you will be approved, you just got lucky :)
Well, hopefully yes. On the other hand, if you read the September thread I have the record of the longest time waiting for both acknowledgement of the application and money going off my account :)

Anyway, they say the queries made for a citizenship application are more extensive as compared to those for ILR or DCPR, but I don't really think they do a lot more. I applied for the document certifying permanent residence on 14 June and received it mid August. Provided they made most queries at that time, it would be a waste of time to make the same again in September. So it may happen that they don't repeat queries which have already been made recently.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:18 pm

fawinds wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:07 pm
Anyway, they say the queries made for a citizenship application are more extensive as compared to those for ILR or DCPR, but I don't really think they do a lot more. I applied for the document certifying permanent residence on 14 June and received it mid August. Provided they made most queries at that time, it would be a waste of time to make the same again in September. So it may happen that they don't repeat queries which have already been made recently.
They are not the same checks for DCPR as for Citizenship. Naturalisation has far more checks than the majority of other applications across most government departments etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:00 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 am
chyke82 wrote:
Applied on 14th June 2017 via NCS Camden and has been "awaiting decision" for ever, sent an email to UKVI yesterday, and today got a reply saying my application is with a caseworker and i will be notified with a decision within 3 weeks :|
At least you have a timeframe now, this is progress!
Well I wasn't so lucky. I got the response. It doesn't seem to be automated as they referred to applications (plural) as it's the family one with multiple reference numbers. However it was certainly not from caseworker as Admin team referred to caseworker as "them". No timeline though and not really much of an update at all.

Thank you for your e-mail. Our records indicate that your applications are with a caseworker. They will contact you in due course.

Pretty much back to square one. I guess I will bug them by email every couple of weeks...
Last edited by swintooh on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:18 pm
fawinds wrote:
They are not the same checks for DCPR as for Citizenship. Naturalisation has far more checks than the majority of other applications across most government departments etc.
CR001, do you have the exact details what checks are being done as part of both processes?

BTW, even SC (security Check) or DV (Developed Vetting) clearance from the government are taking shorter time than this naturalisation process. And I'm pretty certain they are significantly more complex than relatively basic checks needed for naturalisation.

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi, i would like to ask you, which e-mail have you use? because i want to send them as well an email i sent my application 7 of june since then nothing came out.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:17 pm

swintooh wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:00 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 am
chyke82 wrote:
At least you have a timeframe now, this is progress!
Well I wasn't so lucky. I got the response. It doesn't seem to be automated as they referred to applications (plural) as it's the family one with multiple reference numbers. However it was certainly not from caseworker as Admin team referred to caseworker as "them". No timeline though and not really much of an update at all.

Thank you for your e-mail. Our records indicate that your applications are with a caseworker. They will contact you in due course.

Pretty much back to square one. I guess I will bug them by email every couple of weeks...
I got two emails, the first one said no more documents or information required and she forwarded to the 'relevant team' for an answer to timeframe, they said can't say more than it can take up to 6 months but no more info required. I think it's the luck of the draw who answer who your emails and who processes your application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 pm

swintooh wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:08 pm
CR001 wrote:
fawinds wrote:
CR001, do you have the exact details what checks are being done as part of both processes?

BTW, even SC (security Check) or DV (Developed Vetting) clearance from the government are taking shorter time than this naturalisation process. And I'm pretty certain they are significantly more complex than relatively basic checks needed for naturalisation.
HO likely do those checks in addition to full HMRC and work history checks, compliance with all visa conditions etc that have been held, DVLA checks, full immigration and absence record checks, council tax, Insolvency register checks, credit reference agency checks.

There was a member in 2015 that got the caseworker checklist by mistake with her documents and she was surprised at the level of checks that are done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 pm
swintooh wrote:
CR001 wrote:
fawinds wrote:

HO likely do those checks in addition to full HMRC and work history checks, compliance with all visa conditions etc that have been held, DVLA checks, full immigration and absence record checks, council tax, Insolvency register checks, credit reference agency checks.

There was a member in 2015 that got the caseworker checklist by mistake with her documents and she was surprised at the level of checks that are done.
Do they always contact your work though? I asked our HR team and they said they have never been contacted in relation to any of the citizenship applications staff have submitted in the last 12 months (about 10). All were eventually approved (between 2-5 months).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:22 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:19 pm
CR001 wrote:
swintooh wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Do they always contact your work though? I asked our HR team and they said they have never been contacted in relation to any of the citizenship applications staff have submitted in the last 12 months (about 10). All were eventually approved (between 2-5 months).
No it is not normally to contact your employer as HO can check your full details from HMRC and request a full work history if they wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:22 pm
kirkerj wrote:
CR001 wrote:
swintooh wrote:

No it is not normally to contact your employer as HO can check your full details from HMRC and request a full work history if they wish to.
Great thanks, I wasn't sure whether to panic or not.

My work history is quite boring -two firms, except for a 3 month period where I temped. I hope its not the temp aspect holding things up. I didn't want to leave those roles off though
Last edited by kirkerj on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
swintooh wrote:
CR001 wrote:
fawinds wrote:

I wonder if you don't appear on some checks it arouses suspicion to try and check deeper?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:47 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:28 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:22 pm
kirkerj wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Great thanks, I wasn't sure whether to panic or not.

My work history is quite boring -two firms, except for a 3 month period where I temped. I hope its not the temp aspect holding things up. I didn't want to leave those roles off though
Had one part time time one day a week so never paid tax or national insurance but that's not against the law.

matthew2222
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by matthew2222 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:57 pm

I've checked my status today this morning it has changed from last night Awaiting decision to Decided this morning. I applied on 12 July so almost 4 months from application. Now it's postman's waiting game and checking the letterbox. Good luck !
Last edited by matthew2222 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:58 pm

matthew2222 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:57 pm
I've checked my status today this morning it have changed from last night Awaiting decision to Decided this morning. I applied on 12 July so almost 4 months from application. Now it's postman waiting game and checking letterbox. Good luck !
I applied 10 July-where's my approval!!!

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:58 pm
matthew2222 wrote:
I've checked my status today this morning it have changed from last night Awaiting decision to Decided this morning. I applied on 12 July so almost 4 months from application. Now it's postman waiting game and checking letterbox. Good luck !
Applied a week before you. I could say the same thing and so those from months ago without an update.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:25 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm
kirkerj wrote:
matthew2222 wrote:
Applied a week before you. I could say the same thing and so those from months ago without an update.
Yeah I know, its so frustrating. Its actually starting to depress me.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:25 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm
kirkerj wrote:
matthew2222 wrote:
Yeah I know, its so frustrating. Its actually starting to depress me.
Not too worried now, it was a lot of money but life is more important than citizenship, if we have to stay on ILR and BRP every ten years so be it. We've no criminal record (Enhanced Diclosures to prove) no credit cards, arrears of any sort own outright the house, don't drive so if they can find something to deny then I have no idea what.

Nadrev
Newly Registered

Post by Nadrev » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 pm

I wouldn't worry so much about approval . we applied through jcap on the 16th of June and got our approval on the 30th of October. they do say to wait for about 6mths .