ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DNA testing - UKF Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wadiki2
Newly Registered

DNA testing - UKF Application

Post by wadiki2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:36 pm

I received my documents back stating they have no more need for my supporting doc. and before a decision could be made I was requested to submit a dna test result to validate my claim of being a child of a British citizen, so i went ahead and did their request. all went well and they've received the results last week, has anyone else had to do a dna testing with their application? and the most important question of all is: how long did they take to reply or send a decision?. furthermore how long do they even take to make a decision after a completed request in any situation?

rameire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: DNA testing - UKF Application

Post by rameire » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:15 pm

I have received my docs back with the same request.
may I ask, what type of DNA test did you proceed with,
there are so many, did you get a Legal test or an at home test

mercuree
Mood:
South Africa

Post by mercuree » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:11 am

wadiki2 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:36 pm
I received my documents back stating they have no more need for my supporting doc. and before a decision could be made I was requested to submit a dna test result to validate my claim of being a child of a British citizen, so i went ahead and did their request. all went well and they've received the results last week, has anyone else had to do a dna testing with their application? and the most important question of all is: how long did they take to reply or send a decision?. furthermore how long do they even take to make a decision after a completed request in any situation?
Hi There.

How did it go? I am finalizing my application prior to sending it in.

From what you guys have said, its is fine to send my application without the dna test and only to get one done if/when requested?

I am kind of hoping that they will accept my docs without requesting a test as they are expensive! But if they do request one I will pay for it. Just not sure whether to do one ahead of time or only when requested.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:40 am

mercuree wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:11 am
wadiki2 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:36 pm
Hi There.

How did it go? I am finalizing my application prior to sending it in.

From what you guys have said, its is fine to send my application without the dna test and only to get one done if/when requested?

I am kind of hoping that they will accept my docs without requesting a test as they are expensive! But if they do request one I will pay for it. Just not sure whether to do one ahead of time or only when requested.
The user last logged into the forum in December 2016 as has not returned to update.

Kindly refrain from digging up old topics. Thanks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.