ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Raid

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jamalkhan

Immigration Raid

Post by jamalkhan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:53 pm

I have a friend who owns a restaurant and a shop. His friend who is here on a Visit visa for few weeks, was helping him rack some bottle of wines. Immigration people Raided the restaurant and took him away. My friend is really naive with all this and not sure what to do.

Can any tell me what has he got himself into??

Thanks in advance

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:50 pm

Hello

You do not say when this happened or much else to go on.

He could be liable to a civil penalty of up to £10k for each person found to be working illegally who started working on or after 29/02/2008. Liable to a fine of up to £5k for each person found working illegally who started before 29/02/2008.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... alworking/

The Immigration Officers should have left a Notice of Penalty Liabilty if they have set the ball rolling for the up to £10k civil penalty.

It all depends on the circumstances.

Regards

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Thanks for your response,

It happened this afternoon. His friend was only here for a short while. He was not employed and the immigration officers have not left any kind of note with him. They have detained his visitor friend in the police statation. No idea when are they going to let him off

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:05 am

The boys rang and said that immigration people are deporting them in next 24 hours. Can they actually do this. They are not even giving enough chance to get the legal people.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:09 am

jamalkhan wrote:The boys rang and said that immigration people are deporting them in next 24 hours. Can they actually do this. They are not even giving enough chance to get the legal people.
Assalamu Alaikum,

The situation sounds very fishy to me.

What was this chap doing @ the restaurant anyway?

Which city did this happen in? :arrow:

AlexCh

Re: Immigration Raid

Post by AlexCh » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:21 pm

jamalkhan wrote:I have a friend who owns a restaurant and a shop. His friend who is here on a Visit visa for few weeks, was helping him rack some bottle of wines. Immigration people Raided the restaurant and took him away. My friend is really naive with all this and not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance
jamalkhan wrote: The boys rang and said that immigration people are deporting them in next 24 hours. Can they actually do this. They are not even giving enough chance to get the legal people.
Is it me or "friends" are multiplying?

johnboy096

Re: Immigration Raid

Post by johnboy096 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:27 pm

AlexCh wrote:
jamalkhan wrote:I have a friend who owns a restaurant and a shop. His friend who is here on a Visit visa for few weeks, was helping him rack some bottle of wines. Immigration people Raided the restaurant and took him away. My friend is really naive with all this and not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance
jamalkhan wrote: The boys rang and said that immigration people are deporting them in next 24 hours. Can they actually do this. They are not even giving enough chance to get the legal people.
Is it me or "friends" are multiplying?
Perhaps this chap has mulitple personalities, man of many guises?!!! lol

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:04 pm

No I found out that they were two guys.
I am sure they were both helping him out in return for hospitatlity which is in other words working.
However they were not illegal

Can they simply send them back?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:06 pm

jamalkhan wrote:No I found out that they were two guys.
I am sure they were both helping him out in return for hospitatlity which is in other words working.
However they were not illegal

Can they simply send them back?
If they were working on a visit visa even for no reward they broke the terms of their visas.

They are perfectly entitled to deport them or whatever.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....