ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirkerj
New Zealand

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by kirkerj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:19 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:00 pm
I had a play around checking for different application reference numbers around my personal number.

I noticed that not all logical sequential application reference numbers exist, for example if mine is 11233505 then 11233506 may not exist but 11233507 does exist.

Assuming that they are given out more or less sequentially nonetheless (no idea why some numbers get skipped), I can see that 95% of the applications around my reference number show 'Decided' whereas I am still on 'Awaiting decision'.

Is this something I should be concerned about? I guess no one can answer this really, but perhaps someone else tried something similar with their reference number, noticed the same and was approved nonetheless later?
I have ones before me decided and undecided and after me undecided and decided, so confusing....

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm

I have now traced about 200 applications (ref 2xxxxxx700 to 2xxxxxxx900) in which 3 are mine - applied 9-Jun-2017, receipt confirmation sent to me on 19-Jun-2017.

Here is the statistics:
76/201 are "not recognised" - majority would be family members of main applicant, these don't get updated or tracked as they are "linked" to the main applicant

125 is the number of traceable applications that have been decided or still awaiting decision.
93/125 are already decided (74.4%)
32/125 are still awaiting decision (25.6%)

Looking at general statistics, it's safe to assume HO receives at least 14000 applications per month (they have actually reported that there is a significant increase. 200 applications that I've tracked are just a third of one working day worth if not less (I assume it would only be a fragment of 19-Jun applications).

Now the obvious questions whether the 200 applications I've traced are all naturalisation and registration or this group contains a large variety of other type of applications - visa, asylum, ilr, dcpr, etc - as these have a different timelines to resolve... However, for now I'll be tracing these "awaiting decison" ones as they were all naturalisation/registration cases. Let's see how HO is progressing these...

tallahassee

Post by tallahassee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:23 pm

swintooh wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm
I have now traced about 200 applications (ref 2xxxxxx700 to 2xxxxxxx900) in which 3 are mine - applied 9-Jun-2017, receipt confirmation sent to me on 19-Jun-2017.

Here is the statistics:
76/201 are "not recognised" - majority would be family members of main applicant, these don't get updated or tracked as they are "linked" to the main applicant

125 is the number of traceable applications that have been decided or still awaiting decision.

Looking at general statistics, it's safe to assume HO receives at least 14000 applications per month (they have actually reported that there is a significant increase. 200 applications that I've tracked are just a third of one working day worth if not less (I assume it would only be a fragment of 19-Jun applications).

Now the obvious questions whether the 200 applications I've traced are all naturalisation and registration or this group contains a large variety of other type of applications - visa, asylum, ilr, dcpr, etc - as these have a different timelines to resolve... However, for now I'll be tracing these "awaiting decison" ones as they were all naturalisation/registration cases. Let's see how HO is progressing these...
I love that you did this even more extremely than me.

I was wondering if someone could write an easy script to pull data from say 1000 applications and run some stats on them.

What you say about the untraceable numbers being family members linked to main applicants also makes sense.

I just checked my case ID for my EEA PR application and it follows the same pattern. Both applications were made pretty much one year apart and the difference is roughly 1.25 million. If they use the same reference numbers for all types of applications it would suggest they process roughly 1.25 million per year, including all family members.

Does this number seem sensible?

Thinking that all applications are part of the same number system makes it more bearable that so many around me show decided, assuming other types of applications may take less long.
Last edited by tallahassee on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hellothere19
United Kingdom

Post by hellothere19 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 pm

I never thought of checking application numbers close to mine to see the status :idea: what a great idea, but it will be a little frustrating if you see applications being decided and yours is still awaiting.
I've been playing around a bit, I applied mid September and tbh I never expected a decision before the new year, but after reading on the timeline here some September applications have been decided already, I checked and indeed many application nrs before and after me have the status decided already
Now, let's chillax!
Dual national since Jan 2018 :) Belgian and British

chyke82
Newly Registered

Post by chyke82 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:27 pm

So after 5 months waiting i got my approval letter from home office this afternoon :D . My online status still says awaiting decision. Good luck guys!!!

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Can you tell me when you applied ? I mean which month ? Cuz i applied on 7 june and still waiting

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 pm

swintooh wrote:

Here is the statistics:

My application acknowledged 31 October has 22xxxXXX format, about 580,000 (possible) application numbers in between. I think naturalisation statistics showed they were was in the double digit thousands per year (10-20k if not mistaken).

If the other numbers within your 200 reference number range were related to 1-day premium ILR or visitor visas decided within days, the stats you extract do not mean much in my honest opinion. Smart and hard-working way to investigate it though...

I wonder if a javascript expert could look into the HO site code to look to find the dates they (last) updated the database. It could save a lot of people lookup time or confusion...

chyke82
Newly Registered

Post by chyke82 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 pm

[quote=cristiano1988 post_id=1559964 time=1510252411 user_id=182873]
Can you tell me when you applied ? I mean which month ? Cuz i applied on 7 june and still waiting
I applied on 14th June via NCS

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:57 pm

ddkuk wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:58 am
Sorry if I am making too simplistic, but if I am the case worker, I would takle an application for processing, send all my basic queries to different departments and go to the next application. If I get relevant responses from all the departments, I will make my decision. This essentially does not mean, I am not doing in a serial manner.

Also these departments which they send the queries to, might not be same for all cases and the response times vary. As an example, some one advised me to select referees who already acted as referees before. This might speed up the application as they won't contact the referees again as they have their details in their system. I am not sure how much of it is true, but lets say if this is true, my application would gain may be a couple of days with that (presumably!). And another thing specific to my case is my case is my wife resides in US. So they might want to verify if I have the intention to leave UK, this might eat up months (may be). So just wanted to put the conclusion that each case is different.
How many checks can there be? There's only so many not an infinite number, all you'll do is just check and cross check, you can't make up another check, most are standard and international standards checks. Your not going to go to an agency whether home or abroad with a request for something there not capable of doing. If the person doesn't show up say as a defaulter for example on the standard credit reference agency systems then there's not much more they can do. What's next reject you for something you might do by character profiling?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:04 pm

ariskar wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 pm
swintooh wrote:
I have now traced about 200 applications (ref 22331700 to 22331900) in which 3 are mine - applied 9-Jun-2017, receipt confirmation sent to me on 19-Jun-2017.

Here is the statistics:

My application acknowledged 31 October has 22912XXX format, about 580,000 (possible) application numbers in between. I think naturalisation statistics showed they were was in the double digit thousands per year (10-20k if not mistaken).

If the other numbers within your 200 reference number range were related to 1-day premium ILR or visitor visas decided within days, the stats you extract do not mean much in my honest opinion. Smart and hard-working way to investigate it though...

I wonder if a javascript expert could look into the HO site code to look to find the dates they (last) updated the database. It could save a lot of people lookup time or confusion...
Why not put on beta test page. "This is a trail service only updated approximately every four weeks".

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:43 pm

I applied on 7 of june ? You applied on 9 of june did you receive any news or we are in the same boat ?

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 pm

cristiano1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:43 pm
I applied on 7 of june ? You applied on 9 of june did you receive any news or we are in the same boat ?
If you asked me, the answer is no, last news and update was acknowledgement letter, biometric request and update to the online status check (awaiting decision) - all done on 19-Jun. No news since, apart from response to my email query from few days ago that my case is with a caseworker and I will get the response in due course.

What's your case reference number? I wonder what the count for two days is. Don't need your exact number, something like 223312xx would be enough.

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:11 pm

tallahassee wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:23 pm
I was wondering if someone could write an easy script to pull data from say 1000 applications and run some stats on them.

What you say about the untraceable numbers being family members linked to main applicants also makes sense.

I just checked my case ID for my EEA PR application and it follows the same pattern. Both applications were made pretty much one year apart and the difference is roughly 1.25 million. If they use the same reference numbers for all types of applications it would suggest they process roughly 1.25 million per year, including all family members.

Does this number seem sensible?

Thinking that all applications are part of the same number system makes it more bearable that so many around me show decided, assuming other types of applications may take less long.
Family members are certainly in the "Not Recognised" category. I have 3 reference numbers but only 1 is traceable and is mine - main applicant.

As to the statistics on naturalisation and registration and other cases - it's all published on HO website so no guessing required: https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ly-release

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:14 pm

223258xx thats where i am , we are in the same boat :(

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 pm

ariskar wrote:
I think naturalisation statistics showed they were was in the double digit thousands per year (10-20k if not mistaken).
That would be per month.

See:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tables.ods

Look at tab: cz-01_q, you have the exact numbers per quarter so divide by 3...

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:19 pm

cristiano1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:14 pm
223258xx thats where i am , we are in the same boat :(
That's 6000 cases between us. What was your acknowledgement email date/awaiting decision?

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:23 pm

I just checked now the mail 19 of june ackoledgment , but biometrics i done on 21 of june.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:29 pm

Out of curiosity I tried the numbers. The one number below I can get to work a few really show Decided and the few above Decided too.

Sakos
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Sakos » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Hi Guys
I have applied in 13th of July and been waiting since then. I only started checking my status online about two weeks ago using Case ID and still showing awaiting decision. Today I ckecked using Biometric Residence Permit number and the status showed decided. When I checked it again using Case ID showed awaiting decision. What's your thoughts on this? Anyone checked the status using Biometric Residence Permit number? Thanks

Mariam22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mariam22 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:06 am

Arshsam wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:12 pm
Mariam22 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:56 pm
Mariam22 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:50 am
My status updated to decided on 17/10/17 I applied on 06/06/17. Does anyone know how often or when the next Citizinship ceremony is at redbridge council?
Finally got my approval and ceremony invitation today, booked ceremony for 1/11/17
Congratulations :D
An attempt was made to deliver my passport today but as I am currently in Leeds I missed it. I have rearrange for it to be delivered on the 18th. Thanks to everyone on this forum.

Sakos
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Sakos » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:15 am

Hi Guys
Please can you check your application status using Biometric Residence Permit number and let me know the result. As It worked for some people. Thanks

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:40 am

Sakos wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:15 am
Hi Guys
Please can you check your application status using Biometric Residence Permit number and let me know the result. As It worked for some people. Thanks
Thats because that's been decided as discussed earlier in this thread so has no relevance to British citizenship. Our BRP number isn't even recognised using the system. Like everyone else you have to wait.

2017Freedom

Post by 2017Freedom » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:20 am

I just checked this morning for a reference that was updated same day as my sons (before the dates were removed) and it is showing as decided - last night it was awaiting approval same as my sons application so yes the database is working and cases are being decided -good luck to all!

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:26 am

swintooh wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 pm
ariskar wrote:
I think naturalisation statistics showed they were was in the double digit thousands per year (10-20k if not mistaken).
That would be per month.

See:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tables.ods

Look at tab: cz-01_q, you have the exact numbers per quarter so divide by 3...
Thanks for correcting me and I apologize if misled some with my previous post. Regardless, the Case ID numbers in between remain too many to be within naturalisation only category, even if they include non-tracked dependents...

cristiano1988
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by cristiano1988 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:18 am

Swintooh do you have any news ?