ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa(India)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unique_pintu
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa(India)

Post by unique_pintu » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Hello,

I am from india and just now moved to france for a year.
Can anyone help me how can i bring my wife to France.Should i need to wait till i get my resident permit and carte de sejour to apply for dependent visa or I can directly apply?

When i went to mumbai counsulate with all my documents and marriage certificate they gave visa to me but not to my wife.They told my company should have applied long term visa for my dependent at the same time they applied for me.

As i am in france now..what should be the next procedure.

Thanks in advance

gani999

Re: Dependent Visa(India)

Post by gani999 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:29 pm

unique_pintu wrote:Hello,

I am from india and just now moved to france for a year.
Can anyone help me how can i bring my wife to France.Should i need to wait till i get my resident permit and carte de sejour to apply for dependent visa or I can directly apply?

When i went to mumbai counsulate with all my documents and marriage certificate they gave visa to me but not to my wife.They told my company should have applied long term visa for my dependent at the same time they applied for me.

As i am in france now..what should be the next procedure.

Thanks in advance
That is indeed a very strange excuse for refusing your wife's visa!

I guess you should wait for your titre d sejour now, and ask your wife to apply once again. Also, once you get your tire d sejour, ask the perfecture to give you a letter, saying that you are sponsoring your wife, send this letter to your wife and ask her to submit it at the consulate with all the other documents.

How much is your income in France? Is it sufficient to maintain a family?