ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Interview!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Extension Interview!

Post by fasi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi all,

i am silent member of this forum , i have applied for extension in march 2017, got a complex letter in may & until yesterday i havn't heard anything but yesterday i have received an email from HO that they want to interview me & wrote we'll let you know about date , time & location later on , today i have received another email & they have invited me for interview on 20th nov 2017 in Birmingham - Anyone who have already given interview in Birmingham ? suggestions please? will it be on skype ? or face to face ? and how long they take ?
what things shall i take with me ?

Regards ,

Rocher

Re: Extension Interview!

Post by Rocher » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:53 pm

I think ur the first one among recent applicant's who been called for interview at their place otherwise they come to interview at applicant's business place.
But don't worry its less stressful as compared to others who been interviewed at business place. Its gonna be kind of presentation you just have to tell them how you managing your business matters.
Good luck.

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fasi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:43 pm

Thanks, let see what happens

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fasi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 am

I have been told in that email which I received for interview that bring your NI card with you & make sure you have your bio metrics before interview , do I need to give bio metrics again?

Regards,

manu2017
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manu2017 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:52 am

fasi wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 pm
Hi all,

i am silent member of this forum , i have applied for extension in march 2017, got a complex letter in may & until yesterday i havn't heard anything but yesterday i have received an email from HO that they want to interview me & wrote we'll let you know about date , time & location later on , today i have received another email & they have invited me for interview on 20th nov 2017 in Birmingham - Anyone who have already given interview in Birmingham ? suggestions please? will it be on skype ? or face to face ? and how long they take ?

Regards ,
Hi, when in March did you applied ? do you have proper office or VO ? this is good to give skype interview as compare to face to face at your own premises I believe and I don't think so you have to give the biometric again just take the receipt, letter with you. Best of luck for the interview :)

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fasi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:33 am

i Have Applied on 20th march 2016, i Have proper office from the last 3 years , are you sure it would be skype interview ? do i need to take all docs ? employees docs & FPS , etc etc

Capri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Capri » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:18 am

fasi wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 am
I have been told in that email which I received for interview that bring your NI card with you & make sure you have your bio metrics before interview , do I need to give bio metrics again?

Regards,
it is better ask in your reply email regarding bio metrics, and as you have already submitted when apply, best of luck for your interview.

manu2017
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manu2017 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:35 am

fasi wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:33 am
i Have Applied on 20th march 2016, i Have proper office from the last 3 years , are you sure it would be skype interview ? do i need to take all docs ? employees docs & FPS , etc etc
I believe so, because one of my friend went for an interview at Birmingham in June and he told me that was a skype interview. He also took his solicitor with him just incase of any tricky questions, they didn't asked for any documents at the time of interview. But yes If you want to take latest docs of company with you that will be fine I believe.

Amz

Post by Amz » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:20 pm

fasi wrote:

Hi

I would suggest you take everything with you , even the documents you think are not important. I was asked to bring my application documents which i sent to HO, but i took every single thing with me, I asked the compliance office after the interview why do they need all the documents which i have already sent as part of my extension application and I was told that they need to establish if the business is genuine so they needed to make sure I have all the documents with me which i have sent as part of my application and even the one's which I did not like i posted my application back in march so i had to have my RTIs, salary slips for employees, time sheets, pension scheme documents, invoices in & out all that stuff with me.

The point is, they wont interview you again and again, this would be your only chance to explain them your application in person. dont leave anything to chance.

Hope that helps.

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fasi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Amz wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:20 pm
fasi wrote:

Hi

I would suggest you take everything with you , even the documents you think are not important. I was asked to bring my application documents which i sent to HO, but i took every single thing with me, I asked the compliance office after the interview why do they need all the documents which i have already sent as part of my extension application and I was told that they need to establish if the business is genuine so they needed to make sure I have all the documents with me which i have sent as part of my application and even the one's which I did not like i posted my application back in march so i had to have my RTIs, salary slips for employees, time sheets, pension scheme documents, invoices in & out all that stuff with me.

The point is, they wont interview you again and again, this would be your only chance to explain them your application in person. dont leave anything to chance.

Hope that helps.

Thanks AMZ , When did you apply ? march 2017 ? and you had interview in june 2017 ? what about you now ? have they replied you ? what questions they asked you in your interview ? and was your interview on skype or face to face ? anything special about interview which you feels to share please ? i have joined this forum in oct 2017 so not much idea about interview . it would be great if you share bit more about your interview.

Thanks in advance

Mehdi123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mehdi123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:26 am

Just be well prepared.
I had interview in Feb 17.
Asked me about employees. CT figures. Profit figures. Where was 50k invested. How do I approach customer. Why do they specifically come to me and not others? About my customers and suppliers. They did there homework. Payment from banks. They check customer websites to check if they are original. What services do we provide. It's not Skype but it's there internal comms setup and looks like Skype. The lady who took my interview was very intimidating. Its actually annoying as you are giving answers and they are typing and you are repeating everything 4-5 times. Be prepared. And try to control yourself. Too the point answers. And you are sorted. Coming to the office is much easier as its your working environment and you can explain your business better as compared to someone on the other side of the screen who will be asking you a set of questions your caseworker asked and typing answers. Nothing to worry about. Just be prepared and confident and you are sorted. Good luck with your interview

Amz

Post by Amz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:07 am

Mehdi123 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:26 am
Just be well prepared.
Asked me about employees. CT figures. Profit figures. Where was 50k invested. How do I approach customer. Why do they specifically come to me and not others? About my customers and suppliers. They did there homework. Payment from banks. They check customer websites to check if they are original. What services do we provide. It's not Skype but it's there internal comms setup and looks like Skype. The lady who took my interview was very intimidating. Its actually annoying as you are giving answers and they are typing and you are repeating everything 4-5 times. Be prepared. And try to control yourself. Too the point answers. And you are sorted. Coming to the office is much easier as its your working environment and you can explain your business better as compared to someone on the other side of the screen who will be asking you a set of questions your caseworker asked and typing answers. Nothing to worry about. Just be prepared and confident and you are sorted. Good luck with your interview
Hi Mahdi

Have you received your decision after the interview yet ?

Regards

Amz

Post by Amz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:10 am

fasi wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:45 pm
Amz wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:20 pm
fasi wrote:

Hi Fasi, I applied in March 2017. Please find the details below:

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/confusion- ... 26026.html

Hi

Hope that helps.

Thanks AMZ , When did you apply ? march 2017 ? and you had interview in june 2017 ? what about you now ? have they replied you ? what questions they asked you in your interview ? and was your interview on skype or face to face ? anything special about interview which you feels to share please ? i have joined this forum in oct 2017 so not much idea about interview . it would be great if you share bit more about your interview.

Thanks in advance

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fasi » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:54 am

Mehdi123 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:26 am
Just be well prepared.

Thanks mehdi ,
1. was your interview in Birmingham as well ?
2. what about your visa ?
3. has they contacted you after interview ?
4. ho long was your interview /
5. Did you take your docs with you ?

Mehdi123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Mehdi123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Interview was 40mins. In central London. Vfs office.
Just got a complex letter in June 17. Saying it's going to take more than 6months to decide. No correspondence after. No I didn't take any documents with me.

im2017
Newly Registered

Post by im2017 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm

fasi wrote:
Hi all,

Regards ,
Hi @fasi and good luck.

Do you mind sharing which email address did you receive email from?
I received same email from TMT11 Today bit they did not mention the place .

Thanks and good luck

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fasi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 am

im2017 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm
fasi wrote:
Hi all,

Regards ,
Hi @fasi and good luck.

Do you mind sharing which email address did you receive email from?
I received same email from TMT11 Today bit they did not mention the place .

Thanks and good luck

Hello

Sorry for late , yes I've received the email from same email address, hopefully you've received your interview date & location?

im2017
Newly Registered

Post by im2017 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:49 pm

fasi wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 am
im2017 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm
fasi wrote:

Hello

Sorry for late , yes I've received the email from same email address, hopefully you've received your interview date & location?
@fasi
Thanks for replying.
Yes i received it next day as well for end of this month.
Best of luck for your interview tomorrow and please share your experience when you get time.

Thanks

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Interview Questions sheet

Post by fasi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 am

Hello All ,
@ marcnarth @ zimba

i had interview yesterday and i forgot to take interview sheet after my interview , how can i get that sheet please can you help me out!

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Interview Questions sheet

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm

fasi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 am
Hello All ,
@ marcnarth @ zimba

i had interview yesterday and i forgot to take interview sheet after my interview , how can i get that sheet please can you help me out!
Sorry, what is the interview sheet ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fasi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:37 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm
fasi wrote:
Hello All ,
@ marcnarth @ zimba

Sorry, what is the interview sheet ?

whatever interview i have given i forgot to take copy of that interview , how can i get now - Thanks in advance

im2017
Newly Registered

Post by im2017 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:58 pm

fasi wrote:
Hello All ,
@ marcnarth @ zimba

@fasi
Good luck mate
Do you mind sharing your experience when you have spare time.
Thanks

Saeedjansaeed
Pakistan

Post by Saeedjansaeed » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 pm

You can only view the sheets at that time, if you want copy of sheets, the interviewer should have given tpu an email where you request and ask for the copy
Thats what he told me..
Good luck

fasi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fasi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 am

Saeedjansaeed wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 pm
You can only view the sheets at that time, if you want copy of sheets, the interviewer should have given tpu an email where you request and ask for the copy
Thats what he told me..
Good luck

Saeed has he told you to send documents , like contracts , invoices etc etc

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:14 pm

@Fasi, Can you share your whole interview experience please?
-- Kaps84