ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa- Very confused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZeeshN
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Spouse Visa- Very confused

Post by ZeeshN » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi all,

I have applied for my husbands spouse visa and have received a very worrying email from the Sheffield visa office. I write this in hope that someone can shed some light, advice or experience of a similar situation.

I applied online on 18/08/17, biometrics submitted on 24/08/17, documents sent on 01/09/17 but not received till 04/09/17. I received my confirmation email of them having the application on 07/09/17. It will be 3months next week since biometrics have been submitted. I am yet to receive my documents back. Every time I put the reference number on the status checker it says that it is not recognised so I called the UKVI call centre last week on Tuesday or Wednesday. I was told that my case is still awaiting a decision. I enquired as to why I have not received my documents back yet and I was told that it may be that it is hard for them to decide at the moment and that they need more time to go through everything and once a decision has been made I will also receive the documents.

On Thursday I received the following two emails:

1)thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

And then 2) We are in receipt of your UK Visa Application however we are yet to receive your UK sponsor supporting documentation. Without these documents we are unable to make a full consideration of your application. Can you please ensure that your UK sponsor submits the documentation to the below address within 10 working days of this email.

For all applications submitted in Pakistan Please send to:
UK Visa and Immigration
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
S11 0FX

If you have paid for the Priority Visa Service please ensure you clearly mark on the envelope that it contains priority visa documents.

In addition to the above, please also ensure that your sponsor provides a suitably sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address, for applications submitted in Pakistan we aim to return your documents within 5 working days of receipt.

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days we will make a decision based on the information we already have on file.  No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Please disregard this email if you have already submitted your documents.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre

I am very confused and actually worried about this because they were obviously original documents so if they are lost then I don't know what I'm going to do. However, I sent my documents to the address in the email, paid for postage and attached a pre-paid envelope too. I can track where my documents went and it says Sheffield on 04/09/17 and was signed for too.

What do I do? I am very confused and worried that my documents may be lost.

smarter1
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa- Very confused

Post by smarter1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:53 am

1. Status checker only works for inside applicants.
2. Not straightforward email is a generic one, many people on this forum received it. Difficult to say why some applicants receive it and others do not receive it.
3. Second email is also a generic one. Pay attention to 'Please disregard this email if you have already submitted your documents.' So, if you are sure you submit ALL the paperwork relevant to your case - simply ignore it. If your tracking no shows that the bundle landed in the PO box - it should be fine.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 am

Rather than just ignoring the second email, I would reply quoting the GWF reference number and attach a scanned copy of the proof of delivery.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ZeeshN
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ZeeshN » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Thank you for your replies. I have called UKVI and they asked me whether I had received a confirmation email to say that they have received my documents, I said that I hadn't received such an email. She then advised me to send an email explaining what has happen and that it will be forwarded to the Home Office.

I have also emailed them and included the tracking reference number.

I am feeling so upset and worried right now. I don't know what I can or will do if the documents have not gone to them.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:49 pm

ZeeshN wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:19 pm
However, I sent my documents to the address in the email, paid for postage and attached a pre-paid envelope too. I can track where my documents went and it says Sheffield on 04/09/17 and was signed for too.
You have proof that the documents were received and signed for. They should be able to trace them by checking with the HO employee who signed for the delivery.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ZeeshN
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ZeeshN » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Thank you Casa. God bless you.

Akhtas24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Akhtas24 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Hello
I read your post and I am in a similar position. I sent off supporting documents for my husbands spouse visa on 18/07/18 via royal mail signed and tracked. They were received the following day. After this I have had no contact and today recieved an email (14/08/18) just like the one you got about them not recieving the documents. I am very worried as they may have lost the originals?! Im just wondering what the outcome for you was and whether documents were found?

Thank you.