ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'UK' Joint Bank Account

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

'UK' Joint Bank Account

Post by nukes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 am

Any advice appreciated.
Moving to Eire in a week, alone. I have a joint bank account, also a joint building society account in england with my wife. She will stay here whilst I am in Eire for 3-5 years. We obviously access the account for day to day living and being the bank of mum and dad for three adult boys/men. In Eire I shall use the bank account on a daily basis. I have no income but will get a taxed 'UK' pension from April which will be an annual lump sum of £20000, this will go into one of the above accounts. My wife has a monthly pension paid into one of the above. What is the impact of any of the above being taxed in Eire, if at all.
Bearing in mind a post from yr403 and a request for bank statements and transactions etc over three years, should this be asked of me, in the light of a three year activity in the 'UK' from my wife and the thousands of transactions over that time, will it look odd and dubious to say the least for the authorities in Eire.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: 'UK' Joint Bank Account

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:35 am

nukes wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 am
Any advice appreciated.
Moving to Eire in a week, alone. I have a joint bank account, also a joint building society account in england with my wife. She will stay here whilst I am in Eire for 3-5 years. We obviously access the account for day to day living and being the bank of mum and dad for three adult boys/men. In Eire I shall use the bank account on a daily basis. I have no income but will get a taxed 'UK' pension from April which will be an annual lump sum of £20000, this will go into one of the above accounts. My wife has a monthly pension paid into one of the above. What is the impact of any of the above being taxed in Eire, if at all.
Bearing in mind a post from yr403 and a request for bank statements and transactions etc over three years, should this be asked of me, in the light of a three year activity in the 'UK' from my wife and the thousands of transactions over that time, will it look odd and dubious to say the least for the authorities in Eire.
What's the purpose of moving here? Not that it seems relevant, but it might be for immigration purposes? You will be taxed here as soon as you become resident.

And folks round here don't generally say 'Eire' - I know cos I said it and got short shift. I'd go with 'The South' or 'Ireland' or even The Republic.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: 'UK' Joint Bank Account

Post by nukes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:34 pm

The purpose is to settle for my 3-5 year citizenship. I am one generation out for automatic citizenship. Sad that Eire is not the 'correct' term for the nation.