ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recently got British citizenship, how to bring parents here who are refugee

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LaA
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Recently got British citizenship, how to bring parents here who are refugee

Post by LaA » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:19 am

Recently got British citizenship and I would like to bring my parents here to UK who are refugee in non EU country. Please someone give me the right procedure to bring them here.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Recently got British citizenship, how to bring parents here who are refugee

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:42 am

UK immigration rules don't support chain migration, presumably they already claimed asylum in the first safe country, so there aren't any options really, realistic ones anyway.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:56 am

The route to settlement in the UK for Adult Dependent Relatives has been virtually closed since the Immigration Rules were changed in July 2012. In order to stand any chance of an application succeeding, they would BOTH need to prove the following:
1. They BOTH require daily help for basic tasks such as bathing, dressing, preparing food etc.
AND
2. The care is either not available in their current country of residence or is not affordable.
3. If you can afford to pay for their care in the UK, it would be considered that you could also afford to cover the costs of their care in the country in which they are residing.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

LaA
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by LaA » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 pm

Thank you for the informations Wanderer and Casa much appreciated