ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! case ID number not recognised and documents returned please advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nitina18
Newly Registered
Cyprus

HELP! case ID number not recognised and documents returned please advice

Post by nitina18 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:00 pm

on Thursday I got my documents returned from home office. ( as I am away on holiday my friend told me about it and I am not there to open it). I know it's from the home office because I had included a self addressed envelope ( special recorded delivery) when I had sent my application middle of August, and also on the envelope they sent back they wrote on the front my case ID number. I had applied for permanent residency as EU national as a single application based on 5 years exercising treaty rights.

the strange thing is on the same day that my friend got my documents returned at the house, on the exact same day I went to check my visa status online and suddenly it was saying ' reference number not recognised. please try another number'. but all the time before this, it was saying 'awaiting decision' and never changed to decided.

i find it very strange that on the same day of the return on my documents on thursday, my case ID is not recongnised. does anyone know if this is a good or bad sign or what could mean?

during the process they did not ask me for any additional documentation or info. im quite worried and home office cannot give me answer. by the way, my case ID starts with 22.

Dan0301
India

Re: HELP! case ID number not recognised and documents returned please advice

Post by Dan0301 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi there,
Instead of putting multiple post why can’t you tell your friend to open and check what came in post there please ? Atleast you will come to know what’s happening there. No one here can’t exactly tell what’s happening in your case. I’m not being rude just my opinion I told

nitina18
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Re: HELP! case ID number not recognised and documents returned please advice

Post by nitina18 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:16 pm

hi

I know what you mean.., but my friend I think prefers not to be the bearer of bad news if it is in this case..and hopefully it's not. that's they prefer not to open it. so i'm just asking here as well in case someone knows if the return of documents and not recognition of case ID is usually the way the home office responds when it is positive or negative news? sorry but I am too anxious.