ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR - Work Permit to HSMP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alina76

Post by alina76 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:44 am

hi,

Congratulations.

could you please explian about the process I mean what actually they asked u to show for your period under HSMP and what exactly they want to see ( Documents)? The reason I am asking this because I have to apply soon for ILR under 5 years on HSMP. your help in this regard will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

abroruzb
Newly Registered

Please tell me more about you ILR approval

Post by abroruzb » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:31 am

HI Could you please tell us what happened at Croydon. What questions have you been asked. Like how long have you been missing and you earnings and p60s
Thank you for info. Much appreciated.

leondj

Post by leondj » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:24 am

Sorry for the late reply but I was off on holiday for 3 weeks.

The process at Croydon was very straight forward indeed. I constructed a folder with all my documentation and proofs. I filed all related documents together instead of filing everything in monthly sections. For instance all payslips for one job together or all bank statements together. Some people advised me to file things by date, but I am glad I didn't as then I would have to troll through everything to find for instance the last 12 months bank statements.

I applied for ILR based on 3 years WP and 2 years HSMP. The person behind the counter was very friendly and asked me if I was self employed which I said yes. He then asked for proof of financial activity for my limited company which I provided him with the following:
- Company Bank Accounts
- Personal Bank Accounts
- Yearly Return
- Company statement of accounts by accountants
- Company Registration Certificate
- Company VAT registration certificate.

He picked only a few samples from each of these to make copies of. Then he asked me for proof of income from my 3 years of WP employment. Here I provided him with:
- P45
-P60's
- Personal Bank Statements.
- Payslips.

Again he picked a few of these and made copies of them. He did some checks on the computer and then informed me that my ILR application has been approved and that I should come back in an 1.5 - 2 hours to collect my passport.

That's it. Really simple in the end. Just be sure to wait 2 weeks after the life in the UK test before you go in.

abroruzb
Newly Registered

re : reply for a question

Post by abroruzb » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:32 am

thank you for a detailed reply

alina76

Post by alina76 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Did you provide bank statements for last 3 months or six months ?