ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM- English Language changed after May 2017 (NARIC ELA)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maxx81
Newly Registered

FLRM- English Language changed after May 2017 (NARIC ELA)

Post by maxx81 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi all,

I would appreciate some quick help.Need to extend my wife's spouse visa after 2.5 years extension.
There are new rules where A2 CEFR English level needs to be shown in terms of NARIC certificate.

My wife has already got Naric certificate which shows her degree is equivalent to UK Bachelors degree.
Can i use the same Naric certificate and obtain an additional English language assessment to meet both requirements to below home office in paragraphs below:

Also if qualification is rated by NAric as higher than A2 will this automatically meet the requirement or do Naric specifically have to mention higher than A2 etc?

(From 1 May 2017 a new English language requirement at level A2 of the Common European
Framework of Reference for Languages is being introduced for non-EEA national partners
applying to extend their stay after 2.5 years in the UK on a 5-year route to settlement under
Appendix FM (Family Member) to the Immigration Rules.

You have an academic qualification which is either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD
awarded by an educational establishment in the UK; or, if awarded by an educational
establishment outside the UK is deemed by UK NARIC to meet or exceed the recognised
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, and UK NARIC has confirmed
that the degree was taught or researched in English to the required level of the Common
European Framework of Reference for Languages or above.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2017.pdf

Thanks in Advance for help