ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SEPARATION/DIVORCE AND DEPENDENT DAUGHTER VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

David17
Newly Registered
Nigeria

SEPARATION/DIVORCE AND DEPENDENT DAUGHTER VISA

Post by David17 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 am

I have been separated from my wife for almost 3 years now. Initially my daughter and ex- wife were my dependents on my visa till we broke up. My ex-wife now has a different visa to remain in UK as a result of family ties as my second daughter was born here in UK. We share custody of our 2 daughters but things are not amicable between us at all unfortunately. I am due to soon extend my visa and just worried about my daughter's visa as my ex-wife has our children's documents as they live with her for now. My daughter is my dependent but i don't have her visa as it's with my ex. My question is should i do my own visa and leave her to do the children's? I am concerned about my daughters stay here in UK. Please kindly advice, thank you and God bless.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Re: SEPARATION/DIVORCE AND DEPENDENT DAUGHTER VISA

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:44 am

I will advise to continue with your visa and dependant daughters application together. Do not leave your ex wife to do it.

David17
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: SEPARATION/DIVORCE AND DEPENDENT DAUGHTER VISA

Post by David17 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:20 am

Thank you for your advice. That's what i actually intend to do.