ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Ext Rejection to Tier 2 General Sponsorship

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amz

Switch from Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Ext Rejection to Tier 2 General Sponsorship

Post by Amz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:53 am

Hi All respected members, I acknoeledge that this has been asked on immigration boards many times before but I have some things to clear about the situation so if someone could pleaes point me to official immigration rulebook that will be great.

People here at immigration board say that in case Tier 1 Entrepreneur extention application in Rejected, the applicant can still switch to tier 2 Genereal Sponsor within 14 days of Rejection of Tier 1 EXT.

I know for a fact that a switch can be made from Tier 1 to Tier 2 but a solicitor told me that in case if Tier 1 Extention application rejection, All previous 3 years are wasted and you cannot make a switch AFTER REJECTION on Tier 2, for this you have to go back to home country and apply for a new Tier 2 Application and spend 5 years again.

I have gone through immigration laws and the following paragraph states:

Immigration Rules Part 6a, Paragraph 245HB states: (Tier 2 General - Requirements for Entry clearence)
Requirements:
(a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.

I took the above clause as part of Tier 1 Extention rejection to make the applicant Not-Eligible for Tier 2 Switch.

Can someone please guide me on this matter and point me to immigration Rulebook where it says, Tier 1 extension Rejection can be then switched to Tier 2 General ?

Previously Zimba mention on another user's post that it is possible.

Regards

Momi
United Kingdom

Re: Switch from Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Ext Rejection to Tier 2 General Sponsorship

Post by Momi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 am

You can switch to tier 2.
Give a nice name to you solicitor.
How about CLOWN?
These people are here just to play with peoples future.
How long you have been living in here?
Why you think you will be refused?

Amz

Re: Switch from Tier 1(Entrepreneur) Ext Rejection to Tier 2 General Sponsorship

Post by Amz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:47 am

Momi wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 am
You can switch to tier 2.
Give a nice name to you solicitor.
How about CLOWN?
These people are here just to play with peoples future.
How long you have been living in here?
Why you think you will be refused?
HI Momi

I gave been living here for around 5 years but since i was away for 6 months back in 2013 i am not thinking on 10 years route.

My Solicitor is basically a known family friend, and what i thought was that he told me I cant switch just to make me focus on my interview for Tier 1 extension and nothing else. But then i thought since i had conflicting statements, i must ask people around here to point me to immigration rulebook so make sure in case of Tier 1 Entrepreneur rejection, i know what options I have.

To be honest i dont think there is a reason for rejection even after my interview but since i had heard about a lot of weird rejection reasons here, i thought i need to explore my options and prepare for anything albeit hope for the best :)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Depends on the grounds of your refusal. If you were accused of deception for example, then your subsequent application will be refused too. However if you were refused because of failing to provide required documents, then you can apply for Tier 2 within 14 days of refusal or AR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice