ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from WHM to Tier1 within UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:41 am

jacko_ wrote:Anyone have any experience with this since the new rules have come into effect? I'm looking at applying in the next few weeks and am unsure whether I need to return home just for Entry Clearance, or for the entire application?
The whole process. HSMP is shut to those in the UK and a WHM cannot apply for Tier 1 (General).
________
VAPORIZER REVIEW
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winsome

Post by winsome » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:18 am

Hi Guys,

No need to panic. You never really had to put an out of country address for in country initial HSMP application in such a case. I am an HSMP dependant and applied for initial HSMP approval in feb 2008. I have got the approval in march and now need to go back to my home country for switch (I have called home office and confirmed this).

I think this procedure remains the same for tier-1.

winsome

confusedWHM
Newly Registered

Post by confusedWHM » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:28 am

Hi

Can someone explain to me if a WHM can switch to a Work Permit(if its just a ordanary office job which is not on the list) or Tier1 within the UK?and if i can do it incountry do i have to apply after 12 months as a WHM or can i forward my application before hand.

jacko_
Newly Registered

Post by jacko_ » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:40 pm

winsome wrote:Hi Guys,

No need to panic. You never really had to put an out of country address for in country initial HSMP application in such a case. I am an HSMP dependant and applied for initial HSMP approval in feb 2008. I have got the approval in march and now need to go back to my home country for switch (I have called home office and confirmed this).

winsome
Mate, slight problem there. The rules changed as of 1st of March, so if your application was received in February as you say, it would have been processed (for the initial HSMP certificate anyway) under the old system.

I'm after clarification as to whether you are required to leave the country to submit the application for the HSMP/Tier 1 certificate now, as well as the Entry Clearance...

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:56 pm

winsome wrote:Hi Guys,

winsome
As someone else has already pointed out, the rules have changed since you applied.

HSMP is completely shut to everyone in the UK, one cannot submit a case from here and then leave to get EC. I've been speaking extensively to the HO on this matter, if someone puts a UK address as their home address then they can expect to get the application form sent back to them.
________
Caodaism Dicussion
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winsome

Post by winsome » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:55 am

[quote]
I'm after clarification as to whether you are required to leave the country to submit the application for the HSMP/Tier 1 certificate now, as well as the Entry Clearance...[/quote]

Are you suggesting that I would have to go out of country and apply for tier 1 certificate and then EC ?

winsome

rock777
Newly Registered

Post by rock777 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:56 pm

Jayray wrote:Latest news and its SHOCKING!!! Been on to other similar forums, and apparently Home Office has decided that you CANNOT apply initially for existing HSMP anymore. Meaning you PHYSICALLY HAVE TO BE OUTSIDE THE UK and cant just put an Australian address. Reasoning is that the EC is done overseas, might as well make the whole process to be done overseas. So previous advice about initial application in UK, then EC overseas - may no longer be valid. This is utter bulls*** and defies any common sense. Brown is running this country into the ground!

If someone else hears anything please post, because this affects lots of us on WHV. I'll check out the latest updates from the other forums.
Hi Jayray,

Is this still the same information you have been receiving from the HO. I was planning to submit my application from inside the UK (stating my Aus address early next week) and then flying home in late April to wait for the letter then apply for the EC. After reading your post yesterday, I immediately sent a query to an immigration lawyer, however have not received a response yet, so waiting on urgent clarification as to whether I will have to fly home early April to submit my application.

Cheers

fuzzy
Newly Registered

Post by fuzzy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:43 pm

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... lications/

You should only apply under the HSMP if you are outside the United Kingdom. If you are already in the United Kingdom you should apply under Tier 1 (General) of the new points-based system. If you are in the United Kingdom and make an initial application to the HSMP now, it will be rejected, even if you intend to return to your home country and continue the application process from there.

Sounds like it's confirmed that you'll need to complete the whole application from your home country?

devilish
Newly Registered

Post by devilish » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Hi All,

Is there anyone on this forum who is affected by the rule change where whm holders are not allowed to switch to Tier one from UK?

Is this true as I have not been able to get a complete update on this.

Senior plz help.

Devilish

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:29 am

devilish wrote:Is this true as I have not been able to get a complete update on this.
Yes, it is indeed true. See this.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

devilish
Newly Registered

Post by devilish » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi Sushmehta,

Thanks a lot for the post. You are doing a grt job by helping newbies like us....

Thanks