ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MKsham
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT

Post by MKsham » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi,

I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa and I am currently working in an organisation. I have received an offer from another company which would sponsor my Tier 2 General - Restricted CoS. The CoS is planned to be applied in the month of Aug, once approved i would need to go back to India for applying the visa application . However, I would need to serve a notice period of 2 months in the current organisation. Can you please let me know once the CoS is approved, if i can still complete the notice period under the current dependent visa and go back to India after two months for the Tier 2 General visa?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 ICT

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:55 pm

It will depend on the work start date mentioned in the COS (by your prospective employer while applying for COS). If it's after 2 months, then yes you can go back to your home country after your notice period.

However, do note that you need to use the COS within 3 months after its approved & assigned.

MKsham
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT

Post by MKsham » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks for your response

MKsham
Newly Registered

UK Tier 2 General Processing

Post by MKsham » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:45 am

Hi, My spouse is currently staying with me in Tier 2 ICT dependent. She has the Tier 2 General COS approval from new sponsor in Healthcare. She is planned to travel back to India early Oct. I have few questions regarding the Tier 2 General Processing:

1. I hope there is not specific process to handover the Tier 2 ICT Dependent visa back to UKBA. It becomes automatically invalid if the COS for Tier 2 General is applied. Please confirm if the understanding is correct.

2. Police Certificate - Since she is in healthcare, she would would need to take the Police Certificate. From 2007, she was here in UK for 5 years appx and in India for 5 years. I am aware of the Police Certificate from India (Passport Office appointment), however i am not sure if would need to take similar certificate from UK.

3. Point Based System - Is it applicable still for the Tier 2 General processing. Pls confirm.

Thanks for your help & support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Tier 2 General Processing

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am

Please keep all questions on the same application in ONE topic (this one).
1. I hope there is not specific process to handover the Tier 2 ICT Dependent visa back to UKBA. It becomes automatically invalid if the COS for Tier 2 General is applied. Please confirm if the understanding is correct.
The dependent visa will automatically be cancelled IF the Tier 2 General visa is approved.
3. Point Based System - Is it applicable still for the Tier 2 General processing. Pls confirm.
Yes, she must meet the points to be successful for the visa. The clue is Tier 2 General PBS (points based system).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MKsham
Newly Registered

Re: UK Tier 2 General Processing

Post by MKsham » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Thanks for the response. Can you pls help clarify on the point #2 below?

2. Police Certificate - Since she is in healthcare, she would would need to take the Police Certificate. From 2007, she was here in UK for 5 years appx and in India for 5 years. I am aware of the Police Certificate from India (Passport Office appointment), however i am not sure if would need to take similar certificate from UK.

MKsham
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by MKsham » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 am

Hi, I am currently on my Tier 2 ICT. My spouse was with me until October 2017 as my dependent on Tier 2 ICT. She had moved back to India for getting the Tier 2 General from a Healthcare company, which needs police certificate. She had applied her visa end of Oct and got it early Nov. She is now back in UK with the Tier 2 general.

I am now planning for myself and my kid to move as dependent to the Tier 2 General visa. Could you please let me know if i would need to get the Police Certificate from India? Any other documents, apart from marriage certificate (proving my relationship) and birth certificate for my kid is needed for changing our visa here in UK?

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by sptula » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 am

MKsham wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 am
Hi, I am currently on my Tier 2 ICT. My spouse was with me until October 2017 as my dependent on Tier 2 ICT. She had moved back to India for getting the Tier 2 General from a Healthcare company, which needs police certificate. She had applied her visa end of Oct and got it early Nov. She is now back in UK with the Tier 2 general.

I am now planning for myself and my kid to move as dependent to the Tier 2 General visa. Could you please let me know if i would need to get the Police Certificate from India? Any other documents, apart from marriage certificate (proving my relationship) and birth certificate for my kid is needed for changing our visa here in UK?
Hi, May I know if you and your child both of you applying at same time in UK ?

MKsham
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by MKsham » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 pm

yes that is current plan