ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving licence revoked after leaving UK, Did not overstay, no other issues either!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

watashimo12
Newly Registered

Driving licence revoked after leaving UK, Did not overstay, no other issues either!

Post by watashimo12 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Dear All,
I lived in the UK from 2009 to 2014.
I obtained my UK Driving licence in 2011.
I left the UK on 31st August of 2014. I had a valid visa when I left.
I applied for a Tier 2 visa from my home country which was refused after long 7 months processing.
I never returned to the UK since then.

So, I was on a student visa and left the UK while my visa was still valid and was refused a visa later on. But I did not have any issues with the home office.

I am planning to move to another country and wanted to have a copy of my driving records.
DVLA just told me that my licence was revoked because they received a letter from the Home Office!
They said that the letter was sent to my UK address on the 5th September 2017.
DVLA has advised me to get in touch with UKVI as they can not do anything about my licence now.
I do not know how to proceed and what are my chances/options!

Please, please advise!

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Driving licence revoked after leaving UK, Did not overstay, no other issues either!

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:17 pm

You will need to provide evidence that you left the UK on the date you said that you did, to both UKVI/HO and DVLA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

siasatpk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Driving licence revoked after leaving UK, Did not overstay, no other issues either!

Post by siasatpk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 am

hmmhasankhan wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:20 pm
Dear All,
I applied for a Tier 2 visa from my home country which was refused after long 7 months processing.

So, I was on a student visa and left the UK while my visa was still valid and was refused a visa later on. But I did not have any issues with the home office.

I am planning to move to another country and wanted to have a copy of my driving records.
DVLA just told me that my licence was revoked because they received a letter from the Home Office!
DVLA has advised me to get in touch with UKVI as they can not do anything about my licence now.

Please, please advise!

Many thanks!

update on this brother...

siasatpk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by siasatpk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:52 am

hmmhasankhan wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:20 pm
Dear All,

Please, please advise!

Many thanks!
sounds unfair,can you message me or leave contact details as i need info in this regard

watashimo12
Newly Registered

Post by watashimo12 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 am

What did you mean when you said: "I need info in this regard"?
Are you in a similar situation? Or you can help me in this regard?
I apologize if I sound stupid!
Please elaborate!
Thanks for responding.
Much appreciated!

siasatpk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by siasatpk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:32 pm

i need info for someone who has been in pretty similar situation/want to discuss this privately if that's ok,i hope you dont mind me asking this instead of assisting with this matter

watashimo12
Newly Registered

Post by watashimo12 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi!
I dont mind talking about this privately.
Please send me a PM with your contact details xxxxxxxxxxxxx and I will get in touch asap.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 pm

siasatpk wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:32 pm
i need info for someone who has been in pretty similar situation/want to discuss this privately if that's ok,i hope you dont mind me asking this instead of assisting with this matter
Ask this 'someone' to register on the forum and ask their own questions.

Members should post in public so that all may benefit and any incorrect information can be corrected. You also DO NOT have PM access either.

Members are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:47 pm

hmmhasankhan wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:42 pm
Hi!
I dont mind talking about this privately.
Please send me a PM with your contact details xxxxxxxxxxxxx and I will get in touch asap.
@ hmmhasankhan - please think carefully, the forum is being inundated with scammers and spammers for the last year or so and remember everyone here is a stranger.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

watashimo12
Newly Registered

Post by watashimo12 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi!
Thanks for bringing this to light. I will be aware of this from now on.
Could you please help me change my username?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:03 pm

hmmhasankhan wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:52 pm
Hi!
Thanks for bringing this to light. I will be aware of this from now on.
Could you please help me change my username?
Sure no problem, can you post your request in the linked topic below?
comments-about-discussion-board/if-you- ... 98583.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

siasatpk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by siasatpk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 pm
siasatpk wrote:

Members should post in public so that all may benefit and any incorrect information can be corrected. You also DO NOT have PM access either.

Members are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum.
you're quick to comment on this but haven't replied to questions i have been posting for days about tracking.....

siasatpk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by siasatpk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
siasatpk wrote:

i thought it was ok to share information you get from this forum to others!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:48 pm

siasatpk wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:38 pm
CR001 wrote:
siasatpk wrote:

you're quick to comment on this but haven't replied to questions i have been posting for days about tracking.....
You post a random topic asking about status checking, with no indication of what you have applied for or where from or what 'status check' link you are referring to?

Please continue questions about whatever you have applied for in your own topic. Members will respond if they choose to respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:52 pm

siasatpk wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 pm
CR001 wrote:
siasatpk wrote:

i thought it was ok to share information you get from this forum to others!
It usually is acceptable, but in circumstances such as these where there is a lot more information required which you might not have, you are simply asking to speak privately to a complete stranger outside of the forum and looking for personal contact info.
Char (CR001 not Casa)