ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur visa extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Parizay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Entrepreneur visa extension

Post by Parizay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi
I applied entrepreneur visa extension in April 2017... last Monday home office person call me for interview.... yesterday 2 people come to contact my interview... first they take some pictures of my office... then I booked meeting room they ask me a lot of questions.... but the ask me to show some calls which I do my employeess... I said I don't have right now... then they said show me some worksheet I said it's in my home in shift my office recently... the second the one employees having same adress of mine she said is she is ur relative u both have same adress.... I said no she live downstairs I live upstairs... but the interview goes confidentially... they ask me some documents to send as soft copy.... please advice

PeterLove2008

Re: Entrepreneur visa extension

Post by PeterLove2008 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Is it too late to give you advice? Has the interview completed?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:28 pm

What kind of advice are you looking for ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Parizay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Parizay » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi, my interview goes well.. 2 people visit my office premises on 11th November.. they took interview almost 3 hour... They bring a bundle of questions and after that they askedo me to send more documents through email. They took pictures of my office... but stil waiting... Kindly advice can I email home office or not please... Or can I go to my Area Mp for email them... but what documents Mp ask me. The adress which I was living is sharing adress no bills on my name... advice please

Parizay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Parizay » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:05 pm

One thing more... my nature of business is management consultancy and this business I applied my extension and I continue this business... if the home office approve my extension can i start second business aswell. It's a salon me and my sister is the partner. Is there any requirements to open business account aswel under salon name... or we just do the agreement with the owner that we take the shop on rent basis... can I allow to work there... please advice what I said if ukba people come in future...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Please wait to hear back. You can start a new business as you wish
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Parizay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Parizay » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:32 pm
Please wait to hear back. You can start a new business ....
Same procedure I can follow to open business account... it's a saloon me and my sister take a small space as a partner we just do the rental agreement.. can I allow to work there

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Parizay wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 pm
zimba88 wrote:

Same procedure I can follow to open business account... it's a saloon me and my sister take a small space as a partner we just do the rental agreement.. can I allow to work there
As a T1E holder, you are allowed to work in your business ONLY. So, if you are a Director of the company, you can work there
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Parizay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Parizay » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:26 pm

marcnath wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:43 pm
Parizay wrote:
zimba88 wrote:

As a T1E holder, you are allowed to work in your business ONLY. So, if you are a Director of the company, you can work there
marcnath wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:43 pm
Parizay wrote:
zimba88 wrote:

It's little confusing... please advice me I start second business as saloon. I take small room to the owner and she do the rental agreement with me... The company is already registered with owner name at company house website and her name is shows as a director and she don't allow me to change it... she just make rental agreement with me that I take this space for saloon...

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 am

Parizay wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:26 pm

It's little confusing... please advice me I start second business as saloon. I take small room to the owner and she do the rental agreement with me... The company is already registered with owner name at company house website and her name is shows as a director and she don't allow me to change it... she just make rental agreement with me that I take this space for saloon...
Ok. So what are you doing with this salon ? Are you going to be paid as an employee of the owner's company ?
How are you going to get paid ?
You can either be self employed or work for a company of which you are a director. You cannot be on the payroll of any other company.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mshakeel2002
United States of America

Post by mshakeel2002 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:12 am

Basically what he is trying to say is that he entered Tier 1 entrepreneur first time showing Management consultancy business as if he is a consultant .

But along with that he wishes to open inferior business as well, since home office said those who apply for 50K must show professional business such as consultancy, or engineering firm, or software house rather then taxi driving or salon , etc. although this does not apply to 200K applicants.

so all he wants to know is can he have Management Consultancy business as well as a salon and work there, is he allowed to work in salon.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Ok. There are no limitations on the kind of business you can do under Tier 1 other than property development and management.

Amz

Post by Amz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi Can we run a Forex Trading company ? or Construction business ?

Regards

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Amz wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:28 pm
Hi Can we run a Forex Trading company ? or Construction business ?

Regards
Construction business is definitely ok.

The only things specifically called out is Property management and development.

However the guidelines do set out the rationale for that restriction - The principle is that business income must be generated from the supply of goods and/or services, and not derived from the increased value of property or any income generated from property, such as rent.

Though again the paragraph relates to property related business, Forex trading for yourself would go against the basic principle, so you can expect significant scrutiny at the minimum. But if you are a FCA regulated Forex trader offering Forex trading service to other clients, then I don't see why it should be a problem.

Parizay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Parizay » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 am

marcnath wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 am
Parizay wrote:

Ok. So what are you doing with this salon ? Are you going to be paid as an employee of the owner's company ?
You can either be self employed or work for a company of which you are a director. You cannot be on the payroll of any other company.
She give us a saloon as rental basis no employee work there me n my sister both work as a partner.... my question is if we signed the agreement with the owner me n my sister take saloon ... but she not allow us to do changes on company house website... her name is still there but she sublet us... is that OK...

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:27 am

Parizay wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 am
marcnath wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 am
Parizay wrote:

She give us a saloon as rental basis no employee work there me n my sister both work as a partner.... my question is if we signed the agreement with the owner me n my sister take saloon ... but she not allow us to do changes on company house website... her name is still there but she sublet us... is that OK...
There is nothing wrong with you renting the salon and not changing any details on the companies house website.

Parizay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Parizay » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 am

Thanks for the reply... really appreciate... can u advice me after sign the agreement what further procedure I can do... can we open business account we both r partner how we tranfer our salaries... as a second business what are the legal requirement regarding hmr tax please

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:03 am

Parizay wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 am
Thanks for the reply... really appreciate... can u advice me after sign the agreement what further procedure I can do... can we open business account we both r partner how we tranfer our salaries... as a second business what are the legal requirement regarding hmr tax please
This is an immigration forum, so I am not going to go into the bank accounts or hmrc.

But your mention of salaries is again confusing - who is paying you a salary ? That has an impact on your immigration status

Parizay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Parizay » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Basically whatever we earn I just deposits into my business account tht it... for expense and any business use it can use my account in the end of the year my accountant submit my annual accounts...

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Parizay wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:58 pm
Basically whatever we earn I just deposits into my business account tht it... for expense and any business use it can use my account in the end of the year my accountant submit my annual accounts...
Ok, that should not be a problem

Parizay
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Parizay » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:02 am

Hi,
When i was applying my entrepreneur extension I paid my ihs charges to my friend card and I paid him cash total.. My question is how I know if ihs charges refund or not...

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:16 am

Parizay wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:02 am
Hi,
When i was applying my entrepreneur extension I paid my ihs charges to my friend card and I paid him cash total.. My question is how I know if ihs charges refund or not...
Ask your friend to let you know when the refund is done.