ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fantastic News for HSMP Extension Applicants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mandy3211
Newly Registered

Fantastic News for HSMP Extension Applicants

Post by mandy3211 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:30 am

Hi,

My 2 year HSMP leave is to expire on 30th May 2008. If I apply for extension under Tier 1 by 15th May 2008 (latest), I just have 2 months to go.

I came to know about the maintenace fund clause today itself. Now I have 2 problems:

1. I have not maintained funds in my wife's account (dependant HSMP) since the last 3 months, i.e GBP 533, though I have transferred it today, but still fall short of one month...in that case would my wife's visa get rejected???
and due to her rejection, is it better that I should not apply for her extension and tell her to go back to India and then apply again as my dependant.

Can I take the plea that for early extensions (May) as mine, we were not given the sufficient time to maintain the funds and hence the conditions should be relaxed. Please advise.

2. My funds to show that I had GBP 800 for the last 3 months are in 2 separate (one current and one saving) accounts with the same bank.

Shall I submit the statements of the two accounts collectively or get a letter from the bank to prove the same.
Does BIA accept statements from two accounts ar has it got to be one?

I am completely confused and stressed out.

I would really appreciate your help.
Last edited by mandy3211 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:37 pm

it is not a mandatory that we should have to maintain the fund in the dependent account...here is some informations...

What documents would I need to show for Maintenance (Funds)
You should provide one or a combination of the following in respect of yourself or the main applicant:

Personal bank or building loan statements covering a period of 3 months;
Savings account pass book/s covering a period of 3 months;
Letter from your bank confirming level of funds and that they have been held in the bank account for at least 3 months.

karupalli

funds transferred from friend

Post by karupalli » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:44 pm

somebody is saying that even HO is checking the source of the maintenance funds... They dont accept if it is transferred from friend... etc.. is this true?

mandy3211
Newly Registered

HSMP EXtension in May 2008 - Maintenance Funds requirement

Post by mandy3211 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:00 pm

I am currently in the UK on HSMP visa which is due to expire on 30th May 2008. My wife is on HSMP dependant visa and her leave expires on the same day as well. We both were granted a visa for 2 years before 8th November 2006.

I have gone through the new PBS rules and regulations and have a few questions:

1. When applying for extension, please confirm that PBS - Tier 1 (General Application) is the form that I should use to apply for HSMP extension.

2. Can I send both (Main applicant form and Dependant form) in the same envelope addressed to:
Border and Immigration Agency
Tier 1 (General)
PO Box 496
Millburngate House
Durham
DH99 1WQ

3. The new rule for maintenance funds for applicant and dependant came into effect from 29th Feb 2008. Shall I be given a grace period to show the funds in the account or alternatively can this condition be relaxed/waived off, since I don't have the sufficient time to show funds for 3 previous months. What if this time period is 2 months or so?

4. On page number 15 (Question H2) of the Dependant Application Form, states whether the main applicant has got confirmation, that their application would be successful under PBS (Answer-yes or no). Since, I plan to send my wife's (Dependant form) alongwith my (main applicant form), what should be the answer to this question.

5. Regarding the evidence to show funds in the bank account, I have an account in my name wherein I have maintained savings of £ 1350 (£ 800 - for myself and £ 533 - for my wife), to which my wife has access, but the account is not in her name. Can I show just one letter (in my name) from the bank confirming the total amount of funds (£1350) available to both of us.
I would be really grateful if you could please clarify my doubts and provide answers to my queries.

HSMPgafla

Post by HSMPgafla » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:00 pm

karupalli
I dont think it is true...
Even if it is true then no need to worry.
simply get the letter from the Bank stating that you have maintained at least £800 in your account since last 3 months.
No need to send bank statements...

mandy3211
Newly Registered

Must Read for all HSMP Extensions - Very Good News

Post by mandy3211 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi Guys,

I just called the Home Office a couple of minutes ago and the Lady at the other end confirmed that for all HSMP extensions (i.e. into Tier 1), applied before 29th Jun 2008, the requirement to show funds (GBP 800 for main applicant and GBP 533 for dependant) in the account is only for 1 month and not 3 months as stated on the website.

This means that the balance on your account shouldn't have dropped below 800 pounds on any given day in the last 1 month preceding the date of your application.

It was also confirmed that anyone who wants to apply for HSMP extension can do so 3 months before the expiry of their visa.

But, please bear in mind that if you are applying for any dependant along with yourself, either have a joint account or separate accounts for both main applicant and dependant.

If the money is one account for both main applicant and dependant then the dependant should be the joint owner of the account.

If not then this account cannot be shown both for main applicant and dependant.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

g_singh
Newly Registered

Post by g_singh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:58 pm

Mandy,

Almost all of what you say is correct. Excpet that the requirement of 800 + 533 (for each dependent) is not for ALL times in the previous month but at ANY ONE point in time in the preeceding month before the application. This holds good till the end of 29th June.

mandy3211
Newly Registered

Post by mandy3211 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:37 pm

G_Singh,

I confirmed that from the H.O. twice and she insisted that the money has tobe in the account on all 30 days, not just one time.

Lets wait for the information to be uploaded on the website.

Thanks
Mandy

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:59 pm

Having read about this on here I rang the HO to get something in writing, the woman I spoke to sent me the following:

Transitional Arrangements: Tier 1 (General) - Maintenance Requirement
Background
On 29 February 2008, Tier 1 (General) of PBS replaced the HSMP in the UK.
Under Tier 1 (General) migrants are required to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds in savings to support themselves in the UK. To do so, they must provide specified documentation demonstrating that a sum of at least ??800 has been held and maintained, as personal savings, over the three month period immediately preceding their application.
Prior to the publication of the Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance, migrants would not have been aware of these requirements. As such, those making applications in the first few months following the launch of Tier 1 (General) may be unable to demonstrate that they have maintained the required level of funds in the manner specified over a full three-month period.
To cater for such migrants, and any family members seeking to apply for leave as Family Members of Tier 1 (General) migrants, the following transitional arrangements have been agreed.
Transitional Arrangements
These arrangements apply to all Tier 1 (General) Migrant applications, which includes those switching into Tier 1 (General) in the UK and those currently in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, who are applying for an extension under Tier 1 (General). The arrangements also apply to all applications for Family Members of Tier 1 (General) Migrants (ie their dependants) submitted up to and including 29 June 2008.
For postal applications, the date an application is submitted is decided by the postmark. For applications sent by courier, the date it is received at the payment handling service is used as the date of application.
For such applications, migrants will not be required to demonstrate that they have held the specified level of funds for a full three-month period. Rather, they will be required to demonstrate only that they hold the specified level of funds at the time of their application.
The level of funds which must be demonstrated will remain as specified in the relevant policy guidance (eg. ??800 for main applicants).
The specific documents that will be accepted as evidence that these funds are held will also remain as specified in the guidance.
Provided the documents supplied demonstrate that the required level of funds was held on a date which precedes the date of application by no more than one calendar month, the Maintenance Requirements will be deemed to have been met.
eg. A single bank statement with a balance of ??800 and dated March 12, will be deemed to satisfy the Maintenance Requirements for a Tier 1 (General) migrant application submitted up to, and including April 12.
Action
The above transitional arrangements should be applied to applications submitted up to and including 29 June 2008.
Applications submitted on or after 30 June 2008 should be considered against the substantive Maintenance Requirements detailed in the published Policy Guidance.
________
BOILING FOOD
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g_singh
Newly Registered

Post by g_singh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:11 pm

WoodieG - Thanks for posting that. It clears up the confusion.

My interpretation of "Provided the documents supplied demonstrate that the required level of funds was held on a date which precedes the date of application by no more than one calendar month, the Maintenance Requirements will be deemed to have been met":

We need to have the funds on any 1 day in the 1 month preceeding the application date and not all 30 days.

vora

Post by vora » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:58 pm

BIA website updated with the latest news!!!!

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

Great news!!!

mandy3211
Newly Registered

Post by mandy3211 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:27 pm

Does this mean that preceding one month before the date of application, if on any one day the balance is above the required amont, then the condition is deemed to have been fulfilled.

What if the balance would have fallen below GBP 800 on any one day, does this mean that the application would still be successful?

Please clarify.

vora

Post by vora » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:37 pm

I understand that, the balance on the last day of your statement is relevant only. Doesnt matter what was going on in the whole month. I may be wrong, but i conceive this from following two statements on the transitional arrangements page.

At one place it's said,
You must only show you have the required funds at the time you apply

and then later in the same document,

For example, if you apply under Tier 1 (General) on 12 June, a single bank statement with a closing balance of £800 dated between 12 May and 12 June will meet the maintenance requirements. A bank statement dated before 12 May will not be acceptable

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:56 pm

Dear all,
Correct me if I am wrong but there is no need to maintain joint or separate bank account for dependents.
'Dependants must send one or a combination of the following:
personal bank or building society statements ...'
'The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on their own application or that of other dependants.'
'The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application
, or (for children only) the name of their other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom'

Hope this help

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:03 pm

'Does this mean that preceding one month before the date of application, if on any one day the balance is above the required amont, then the condition is deemed to have been fulfilled.

What if the balance would have fallen below GBP 800 on any one day, does this mean that the application would still be successful?'
Clearly,if you have a bank statement where the final balance is above or equal to £800 ( say for main applicant) and it is within one month of the date of your application, the document is valid. It doesnt matter if during that time transactions have taken the balance to zero or less, what matters is the final balance is > or equal to £800.

Hope this helps

yhdyhd

Re: Must Read for all HSMP Extensions - Very Good News

Post by yhdyhd » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:45 am

[quote="mandy3211"]Hi Guys,

But, please bear in mind that if you are applying for any dependant along with yourself, either have a joint account or separate accounts for both main applicant and dependant.

If the money is one account for both main applicant and dependant then the dependant should be the joint owner of the account.

If not then this account cannot be shown both for main applicant and dependant.

I am also very concerned about this? So Do we need to have joint account even for a baby?

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:58 pm

yhdyhd and gurus!

why should a dependant have a bank a/c joint or individual? what does a dependant mean?
i dont understand if its reqd.

yhdyhd

Post by yhdyhd » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:12 am

meer_iet wrote:yhdyhd and gurus!

why should a dependant have a bank a/c joint or individual? what does a dependant mean?
i dont understand if its reqd.
hi infact, I don't agree with the parts of paragraph in red colour. I was just questioning. Hope the original poster clarify.

mandy3211
Newly Registered

Post by mandy3211 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi Guys,

I categorically asked the H.O. representative that I have a single account with the total money (£800 for myself and £533 for my wife (as dependant)) in my name. Would this suffice if I show bank statements from this account.

She said how can you confirm that your wife has access to your account?, either she be the joint account holder or show a separate account in her name (with the relevant funds)?

I know it's a bit messy, but I would rather challenge that to say that she would not be my dependant only if she cannot have access to my account (in the time of need, if need be). Anyways I have the responsibility of supporting her, in any case if she is my dependant?

But, still I'd say, please confirm again from the H.O. to re-clarify?

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi all,
This is ridiculous if ' true'.
Dependents dont work and cannot maintain own accounts. By this measure all children should be joint account holders!
I mentioned it clearly that the website says:
the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of their other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom'

vijayb
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension application date

Post by vijayb » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:39 pm

I got EC (HSMP) in July 2006 and came to UK in Jan 2007. My HSMP visa is valid till 31 July 08 (first two years). When should I apply for extension ? Can I apply now ? Please advise.
Thanks.
Vijay

andynaggers
Newly Registered

Post by andynaggers » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:42 pm

I called up HO to check whether this was true.

Agent informed me that I can show mine and my wifes' (dependent) maintenance funds (800+1600) from my bank account.

Will someone else call HO and confirm as well?

Thanks,
Andy.
gidoc wrote:Hi all,
This is ridiculous if ' true'.
Dependents dont work and cannot maintain own accounts. By this measure all children should be joint account holders!
I mentioned it clearly that the website says:
the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of their other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom'

alifaraze
Newly Registered

Post by alifaraze » Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 am

Hi

I just called HO and talk to the representative and asked following questions

1. Funds can be shown in the applicant bank statement, no need for any dependent bankstatement separatelly.
a. Applicant funds = 800 GBP
b. Dependents = 533 Each ( for example if anyone have one wife and one child then he will have to show 800 + 533 + 533)

2. If you are applying before 29 June 2008 then you should have funds into your bank account from last one month and after 29 june 2008 then you should held this money into your account from last 3 months

3. Should I get my degree certified from NARIC now? when i applied it was not required at that time. Representative said you will have to check "Self assessment tool".

4. How early can anyone apply? 6 weeks.

Please correct me if I have wrong understand at any point.

I have long time to apply my extension application. My extension is due in Feb 2009.

Cheers

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu May 15, 2008 7:07 am

Mandy3211

The subject of this thread started by you is: Fantastic News for HSMP Extension Applicants

Whats the fantastic news in your post (in this thread)?

Could you please make sure that you post the right subject next time and avoid wasting others time!