ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension refused and re applied

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sahidpatel22

Tier 2 extension refused and re applied

Post by sahidpatel22 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi All

Hope you all having a good time.

I am a bit confused on my visa application. If anyone can help me please really appreciated.

Basically my visa expired on 30/06/2017.

Situation 1 : 1st Application for an extension on 07/06/17 (in time application) which was rejected due to salary shortage, decision came on 01/08/17 and recived only decision letter by post on 16/08/17 (no other documents). And applied for administrative review on 17/08/17 (just to buy a time to make fresh application).

Situation 2 : While my administrative review was in process i reapplied with new COS with correct wages on 07/09/2017. Is this application is in time or invalid ?

Situation 3 : my employer received a letter saying I may not be allowed to work due to visa application has been made after visa expires. so they did employer Check and it came nagative on 13/10/17. Now I am not working.

Now the question is do I need to ask for P45 from my employer if yes then from which date. Or Do I need to put my wages on hold on my employers payroll. In both situations I am not working but just a bit confused about issuing P45 or not .

AND ALSO ITS BEEN 8 WEEKS I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING REGARDING MY APPLICATION IS IT STILL PENDING BCZ OF P45 ?

Please guide me with best knowledge and experience.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 extension refused and re applied

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:48 am

You should have waited for the admin review to conclude as you had section 3C protection. The moment you submitted a new application with AR still in progress, AR will have been withdrawn automatically and your Section 3C ending. Your new application is therefore out of time as you submitted it more than 14 days after your last visa expired and refusal received.

You cannot work but do not need to ask for a P45. Just wait for your application outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sahidpatel22

Post by sahidpatel22 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:48 am
You should have waited for the admin review to conclude as you had section 3C protection. The moment you submitted a new application with AR still in progress, AR will have been withdrawn automatically and your Section 3C ending. Your new application is therefore out of time as you submitted it more than 14 days after your last visa expired and refusal received.

You cannot work but do not need to ask for a P45. Just wait for your application outcome.
Immigration Rules part 1: leave to enter or stay in the UK
General provisions regarding entry clearance, leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom (paragraphs 7 to 39D).

Exceptions for overstayers
39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time; or
(2) the application was made:
(a) following the refusal of a previous application for leave which was made in-time or to which sub-paragraph (1) applied; and
(b) within 14 days of:
(i) the refusal of the previous application for leave; or
(ii) the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971; or
(iii) the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable); or
(iv) any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn or abandoned or lapsing.

Can you please explain above 39E2(iv)

sahidpatel22

Post by sahidpatel22 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:10 pm

got my visa granted

mastenfr
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by mastenfr » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 pm

sahidpatel22 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:10 pm
got my visa granted
Congratulations 8) !! Out of curiosity, could you explain why your first application was rejected (salary shortage??) in more detail if you don't mind? It would prove to be a valuable learning experience for others.

sahidpatel22

Post by sahidpatel22 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:46 pm

sahidpatel22 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:48 am

Hi just wanted to ask regarding this topic as you said I dont need to ask for a P45 and i didnt ask for it.

But i wasn't working for 3 weeks (from 13/10/17 when my employer revived letter from HO saying i may not allowed work to 07/11/17 received a decision letter ).

can i ask for a holiday pay for them 3 weeks ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Not an immigration matter. You will need to speak to your employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

A871SAR
India

Post by A871SAR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello,

I would like to seek your advise as I am exactly in the same situation which were in. I received my refusal letter this morning based on salary criteria which didn’t match the working hours.

My questions:

1)When you filed 2nd time did you pay for Health Surcharge fee? Or did you put the old HS reference.
2)If I File with in 14 days can I go for same day service?
3)I have 2 dependents on my application do I have to pay for them as well for reapplying application fee as well as HS fee?

Can you please suggest me ASAP.

Many thanks.

sahidpatel22

Post by sahidpatel22 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:55 pm

A871SAR wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:55 pm
Hello,

I would like to seek your advise as I am exactly in the same situation which were in. I received my refusal letter this morning based on salary criteria which didn’t match the working hours.

My questions:

1)When you filed 2nd time did you pay for Health Surcharge fee? Or did you put the old HS reference.
2)If I File with in 14 days can I go for same day service?
3)I have 2 dependents on my application do I have to pay for them as well for reapplying application fee as well as HS fee?

Can you please suggest me ASAP.

Many thanks.
Hello,

Sorry to hear that, hope the following information helps, do not heisted to ask if you need further info.

Answers:

1. Yes you have to pay Health Surcharge again for All of you and your dependent. old surcharge will be refunded when you make a fresh application.

2. Yes i would prefer same day as i didn't go for same day received my BRP and Visa after 8 weeks but its hectic and stressful to wait 8 weeks (please note - if your visa expired you cant work during your second application process)

3. Yes, Making a fresh application means you need to do absolutely everything that you did on your first application in term of fees and health surcharge and new COS.

Thanks

A871SAR
India

Post by A871SAR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Jazakallah Khair,

Like you said I could apply for same day service However,can I make my dependent app thru post?

Howlong will it take to Generate a new CoS?

Also if I apply within the 14 days time you saying I still can’t work?

A871SAR
India

Post by A871SAR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Hello,

I’m still waiting for an answer to my last question can anyone please shed some light on it please.

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 pm

A871SAR wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:29 pm
Hello,

I’m still waiting for an answer to my last question can anyone please shed some light on it please.

Many Thanks.
Quite rude to 'bump' your question in a topic that is not even yours.

Please continue your questions in your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)