ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job for 25000 Euros??

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kramvi
Newly Registered

Job for 25000 Euros??

Post by kramvi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:20 pm

I am going to pursue a Master's course in hospitality management hopefully next month in Maastricht. As I already have another master's in the same field and a lot of experience in hospitality management, I was wondering how hard it would be getting a job offer from the Netherlands while I was a student there.

I was told that if one has a job offer for at least 25000 euros then he is regarded a skilled professional and can apply for a permanent residency. Is this true? Or is it only a work permit? I don't remember. However if there is an offer for a job for at least 25k, do I have to continue studies? Please advise on the process someone.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:23 pm

I think you mean Netherland's skilled student's visa http://www.ind.nl/en/inbedrijf/wonenenw ... geling.asp:

It doesn't mention anything about permanent residency, but they do award you with a visa (temporary residence permit).
Permanent residency is obtained after five years on a temporary residence permit: http://www.ind.nl/EN/verblijfwijzer/ver ... =1&lang=en

gani999

Post by gani999 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:12 pm

I doubt kramvi is eligible for a skilled students visa. The link sakura has provided it very clearly mentions

"On 19 December 2007, a new policy came into force for foreign graduates. Foreign students from outside the EU/EEA who have successfully completed a HBO/WO [Higher Academic or Vocational Education] course in the Netherlands now have the opportunity to remain in the Netherlands for a year to look for a permanent position as a highly skilled migrant (this is known as a ‘zoekjaar’, which roughly translates as a ‘job-seeking year’)."

Kramvi has secured admission to Dutch university for the purpose of studying,so he/she isn't eligible for this. He/she will become eligible after completing the course.

But Kramvi, your previous qualifications can be of use to secure temporary employment as a student.

kramvi
Newly Registered

Immigration lawyer

Post by kramvi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Thank you both for your replies. By any chance does anyone know any immigration lawyers in Netherlands?

gani999

Re: Immigration lawyer

Post by gani999 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:30 am

kramvi wrote:Thank you both for your replies. By any chance does anyone know any immigration lawyers in Netherlands?
I have been folllowing your posts and honestly dude, you do not need an immigration lawyer.

If you have an admission letter from a recognized Dutch University for your course, and have evidence of enough finances, you will not be denied your MVV.

As I have mentioned before, you can use the qualifications that you have already earned to find part-time employment as a student once you get to the Netherlands.

You MVV will be denied to you only if you do not show evidence of enough finances to fund your course. You cannot get around the problem by telling the chaps at the Consulate that you have enough qualifications to find a job that will pay you enough once you get to The Netherlands. As a student you can only work part-time for a few hours a week and that won't pay you enough. No immigration lawyer will be able to help you with this either.

If on the other hand, you want to take up full time employment, you cannot be applying for an MVV for the purpose of study, based on an admission letter from the Dutch University. You'll need to find a job in The Netherlands first and apply for an MVV as a knowledge migrant or for work purposes.

Whatever you do, don't enter The Netherlands as a student and try to change your visa status upon arrival. I know people who got deported for trying to do this.

Good luck

kramvi
Newly Registered

Permanent Residency

Post by kramvi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Thanks for your input. Let me put my cards on the table. Although I have got a MVV visa that has to be converted into a resident permit for one year there, my main purpose is to get permanent residency. I am thinking that after my studies, I get a year to stay and hunt for a job then another year or two to work.

But I was wondering if it would be possible that while I am on a student visa, I could hunt for a job while studying and make the process shorter. The ind.nl site says it is 5 years but workpermit.com says it is 3 years. Which one is true?

By the way is it true that as long as a person resided in the netherlands legally for that much time even without an employer sponsoring you, you could apply for permanent Residency?

My aim is not studies there. Only permanent residency.

Please advise again.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Permanent Residency

Post by sakura » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:53 pm

You must spend at least FIVE years on a residence permit, such as a work permit. I don't know whether time spent as a student or during the 1 year after you graduate is counted towards this five years. But it is not three years...

If you enter as a student, you can only switch into the employment category of post-study work once you have successfully completed your study. If you try to switch before you've completed your study, it wouldn't be under the post-study work, but the normal work permit criteria....and you might not be allowed to switch in-country, since the whole purpose of you obtaining a student visa was to study, not seek employment.