ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience with VFS scanning service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nik90
Newly Registered
India

Experience with VFS scanning service

Post by Nik90 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:14 am

Hi All,

My fiancé and sponsor is a British citizen and I am an Indian, we are planning on getting married in the UK. Currently we are applying for a Fiancée visa for me.
We have gathered most of our documents and will soon be submitting the online form and applying for an appointment at VFS Mumbai.
We are confused about the best way to supply the documents to the UKVI. Should we post them to Sheffield or scan and send them at the VFS centre? There aren't too many experience posts for the scanning service and hence we are a bit nervous about that service.
We would be grateful if some of you could share your experiences with the scanning service and help us pick an option out of the two.
Moreover can you also guide me to the correct set of Barcode Separators for settlement visas? There are two different sets floating around on the internet and none of them are specifically aimed at India.
The VFS India website does not have any guidance regarding Barcode separators for settlement visa.

Many thanks!

smarter1
United Kingdom

Re: Experience with VFS scanning service

Post by smarter1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:14 am

You would have to post your documents to Sheffield anyway - http://vfsglobal.co.uk/india/pdf/Inform ... icants.pdf

Nik90
Newly Registered
India

Re: Experience with VFS scanning service

Post by Nik90 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:25 am

Hi! Thank you for your reply.
I have seen this notice on VFS India website, but I have also seen a couple of users on ImmigrationBoards write about how they have scanned and sent the documents for settlement visa from Mumbai VFS.
But I haven't heard of too many such users, hence was confused.