ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stuff you can carry on HSMP Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pranjam

Stuff you can carry on HSMP Visa

Post by pranjam » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:20 am

Hi All,

I recentlygot my EC stamped for two years. Now as per the 27 days rule I have fly out within the 27 days from the date my EC was granted.

My query is what all things we can carry on our Visa which are not prohibited by the british immigration authorities for ex.

Medicines -- do i need a prescription to carry medicines with me to UK
Software-- I have to carrysome software CDs with me some of which is not licensed software will that be a problem
Electronic Gadgets-- Indian electronic gadgets operate at 220 v 50 hz will it be the same in UK shoud i carry them from here(shaver,laptop etc)

Any items that are prohibited by the british authorities that I should know of?

Kindly help all those who are already in UK on HSMP

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:11 pm

Could you please say what is this "27 days rule "

I am not aware of that.
Regards
Ammu

itsmesuraj
Newly Registered

27 days rule

Post by itsmesuraj » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:25 am

The 27 days rule states that one should fly into UK on or within 27 days from, the day your EC is granted. If it goes beyond this time period, the EC visa gets void.

Anyone else ....please confirm on this....
:roll:

pranjam

Post by pranjam » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:29 pm

Your EC doesnt become void its just that you will have to apply for FLR twice or more before you can apply for ILR.(As you can apply for ILR only after 4 years and 11 months in the UK)

Its upto you when you want to fly to the UK. There is a detailed discussion in one of the posts on this foprum please search and go through it.

And my intial questions still stand anyone with the answers

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Meds - no unless you are carrying liquid meds in cabin-baggage. Reasonable amts should not be a problem

Software - priated software is probhibited in not only in the UK but you could run into problems if you are questioned about the discs at Indian immigration. I am sure you can think of ways to sneek in the software without using CDs :wink:

Electronics - the Indian rated ones will work in the UK. You will however need adapters to connect Indian plugs into UK sockets. These are commonly available.