ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Example letters of support from friends: spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

junosword
Newly Registered

Example letters of support from friends: spouse visa

Post by junosword » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:53 am

Hi all

Does anyone have any example letters of support written by friends and family for the spousal visa application.

I've read on the forum about people including these and i need to draft some for my friends to sign.

Apart from how they know me and my fiancee, should i include anything else?

Thanks for your help

riptofall
Newly Registered

Post by riptofall » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:18 pm

hello
you comin from where and your fiancee ?
cuz in the embassy they always reject visa if there no proof of support from you

junosword
Newly Registered

Post by junosword » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi thanks for the reply.

I'm just trying to get as much evidence as possible for precisely that reason.

I will draft the letters just to make it easier for my friends to sign and add/change as they see fit. This is not an attempt to con immigration.

We have been living together in London for a few months now and have email logs and messenger messages as well as months of mobile phone calls to each other.

Below i have copied my original message on this board about my circumstances from the thread entitled...

South African wife to be: spousal visa

Dear all

I would be grateful for any advice or help. I am a British National.

My girlfriend is getting divorced from her husband (EU National living in the UK). She will be returning back to South Africa as her European Residency visa will no longer be valid.

She has been living with me for sometime and we have been in a relationship for over a year. I would like to marry her immediately after her divorce comes through. We plan to marry in South Africa.

I was wondering how long the application process is likely to take for the spousal visa to clear and for her to be able to return to the UK to live with me?

Can we start the spousal application process before the divorce has come through if we have the marriage date organised etc?

The time frame is important for two reasons: there is the obvious one of how long we have to be apart but also she currently has a job here in the UK and would really like to keep it. Whether she can or not will probably depend on how long she will be forced to remain in SA as she awaits the spousal application process.

I really have no idea how long this process may take so if anyone has any experience or any sense of time frame I would love to know.

Thanks

:)

riptofall
Newly Registered

Post by riptofall » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:28 pm

hello
u should wait til after 1 april and see whar are the new rule that they will brin on cuz they said they will change alot of things i hope not bein too hard
and its better to marry ur fiancee in SA and then she can apply for spouse visa and u should proof with anythin u have that u will and can support her in england and i am sure she can get the visa cuz it will help her that she been in england before
good luck

junosword
Newly Registered

Post by junosword » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:36 pm

Thanks for the good wishes.

She has a job here in England now and she will have a letter from her employer saying that she has a job when she returns.

I'll keep my eye out for April first. Is the spousal visa form likely to change?

riptofall
Newly Registered

Post by riptofall » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:16 pm

hello
they said that they will bring some new rules of every type of visa :?
iwish not be too hard
i am 18 years and i want to marry my fiance who is from morocco an i heard they will rise the age into 22 years omg :(
i wish to not be true
good luck