ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case Not Straightforward - Finding Out Why?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cnrlln
Mood:
United Kingdom

Case Not Straightforward - Finding Out Why?

Post by cnrlln » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone.

My wife and I were wondering if anyone that has / had been served a ‘Case Not Straightforward’ email has had any luck with finding out exactly what is not straightforward?

For a bit of background, my wife applied on 21 March 2017 and was given her ‘Case Not Straightforward’ email on 07 August 2017. Were still waiting for a response.

We are happy to work with UKVI to help them get to the bottom of whatever is not straightforward and we are more than happy to supply any further evidence / documentation (even though we submitted over 1300 pageant of support docs). However to this date we have not been contacted for anything.

We were wondering if there is any way of finding out exactly what is not straightforward? We currently on week 32 of our wait and at this point we’d just be happy to see some progress.

Thanks everyone, enjoy the rest of your week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Case Not Straightforward - Finding Out Why?

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:02 pm

It is a standard email, many have received it. Many still waiting for results of their applications, some from November last year.

immigration-for-family-members/still-wa ... 34104.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cnrlln
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by cnrlln » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Yeah that’s understandable Char, we get that it’s a standard email that there are other people waiting and such.

But what we’re saying is that every time we try to chase things up (even through our local MP), we’re just met with the same response every time. Surely it would be more time effective for both UKVI and us to just tell us what they believe is not straightforward and we can help them come to a decision easier.

We’ve recently got our MP involved again and are waiting for his findings (we previously contacted him before 24 weeks), but we just want to know exactly what is not straightforward.

Do you think a solicitor would maybe be able to help us to find out?

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Highly unlikely a solicitor will help. UKVI isolated themselves from the applicants and they won't say anything until they are ready to do so. The flip side is they can simply reject applicants unreasonably because of various strange reasons, for example, without asking a document an applicant has not submitted.

cnrlln
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by cnrlln » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:46 pm

smarter1 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:28 pm
The flip side is they can simply reject applicants unreasonably because of various strange reasons, for example, without asking a document an applicant has not submitted.
This is what we are worried about. I saw someone’s application was rejected because their sponsor included their work contract but did not submit a recent letter to state that they are still employed and the conditions remain the same - however, surely adding your 6 months worth of previous pay slips signed by the head of my employer’s HR department should correct this error; right?

We submitted over 1300 pages worth of documentation and supporting evidence, and I’m really at a loss for anything that we may have missed.

We’re hoping for a decision before Christmas but it’s looking less likely by the day. :(

Do you think UKVI maybe like to test a couples commitment to each other during this time to weed out not-so-genuine couples? I think the fact that I’ve travelled to the opposite side of the planet 6 times this year at a great expense speaks volumes; including visiting her for my birthday, her birthday and our first anniversary.

I just feel like we’re constantly being tested by UKVI as a means to break our willpower. :evil:

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:35 pm

cnrlln wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:46 pm
but did not submit a recent letter to state that they are still employed and the conditions remain the same - however, surely adding your 6 months worth of previous pay slips signed by the head of my employer’s HR department should correct this error; right?

Well, not really. Letter of employment is required whilst the contract isn't (however, UKVI may request it).

I do not think UKVI are testing couples' commitment, they are simply pretty busy at the moment.

olosh
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by olosh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 pm

My opinion is not very expert, but 1300 pages seems rather like overkill to me. Even just that sheer quantity of paperwork will make your application difficult to process. I totally understand the urge to ensure that they cannot say you did not give enough evidence, but too much is problematic as well.

cnrlln
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by cnrlln » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 pm

olosh wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 pm
My opinion is not very expert, but 1300 pages seems rather like overkill to me. Even just that sheer quantity of paperwork will make your application difficult to process. I totally understand the urge to ensure that they cannot say you did not give enough evidence, but too much is problematic as well.
Agreed olosh, it was very much overkill. However at the time we were desperate to make sure that no stone was left unturned and that we had no room for error. The whole process was completely new to me.

However UKVI only scanned and retained around 70 pages worth of documentation. By time you take all of my (sponsor) financial requirement evidence, housing documents etc they didn’t really take all that much.
It did make me laugh to see that they’d scanned around 15 pages worth of chat logs and then wrote ‘Chat +1000 pages’ on a spare piece of paper. :lol:

We assumed that we’d be doing them a favour by ticking all of the boxes and supplying all the documentation / evidence they could ever need. We’ve been very open about everything from the start, even down to her 2 month overstay on her previous visa; explaining the reasons why and evidence to support it.

We just hoping to see an end to all of this soon.

olosh
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by olosh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Well at least you might have got some hours out of them in return for your fee. Good luck !

cnrlln
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by cnrlln » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:28 pm

olosh wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:46 pm
Well at least you might have got some hours out of them in return for your fee. Good luck !
Olosh,

Thanks aha.

I guess going overboard worked - wifey received her passport yesterday with 30-day vignette included. We plan on bringing her home in a couple of weeks!!

:D :D :D