ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP (TOC) name change application + Request for return of documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

udeepak86
Newly Registered
India

BRP (TOC) name change application + Request for return of documents

Post by udeepak86 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:30 am

Hello,

Just thought I would share my experience with you all.

BRP (TOC) name change application:
Application posted: 02nd of October 2017
Application received by Home office: 04th of October 2017
Fee taken from my account: 09th of October 2017
Biometric letter received: 12th of October 2017
Biometric done: 16th of October 2017

Due to emergency travel, I decided to withdraw my application and this was done on the 03rd of November 2017.

Started phoning HO on 0300 123 2241 from 07th of Nov requesting for an update, however no positive response for couple of days.

Finally on the 09th of Nov, my case was escalated to HO and I was told, that I would receive a call back in the next 3 to 5 working days. I got a call back exactly in one hour and I was told that my request has been accepted due to emergency and they will send the application on a priority basis. They did not answer any more of my questions and I could feel that all they wanted was to put the phone down.

Since, I was told that, they would send the application on a priority basis, I thought I will received the application next day and waited until 1:00PM on the 10th of Nov. No documents were received, I phoned 0300 123 2241 to ask for a tacking no. Again my case was escalated and I received a call back from HO in the next couple of hours asking ‘why I phoned them’.

I explained my emergency travel requirement and the opposite person stopped me and said we have done everything from our side and it is with the relevant team now and they can’t give any more updates. I requested for the relevant teams phone number and she said ‘sorry we cannot give any more details’ and she hung up which I thought was such a rude thing to do.

11th & 12th was a weekend and I couldn’t do anything. I phoned 0300 123 2241 again on the 13th and explained the seriousness of my situation. I was again promised me that my case will be escalated, and I received an email back from UKBA in the next couple of hours:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear xxxxx

I refer to your return of documents request and note that you wish to withdraw your application due to emergency travel.

Your transfer of conditions application has however been considered and the decision letter together with your passports & supporting documents has been despatched via special delivery – xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.to the following address:-

xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx

Yours sincerely
Xxxxxxxxxxx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I replied back (Tier25TMC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) and I got this response:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emails to this inbox should only relate to open Tier 2 or 5 applications made from within the United Kingdom where a decision is still to be made.

Any other queries will not be responded to.

If your query is related to any other matter please visit our website at the following address

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received my documents back on the 14th on a special delivery with a decision letter, however I did not received my new BRP and the letter stated that I should receive in the next 7 days which is again no good. (Only because of the emergency)

I waited until the 15th afternoon and phoned again on the same number to ask whether, I can get an update with regards to my BRP. I was again promised that my case would be escalated. I received a call back from HO in the next 15 mins and she again asked me ‘why I phoned’. I explained her and she replied saying BRP is different team and I should receive it in the next 7 days and she cannot do anything anymore.

In the meanwhile I was in contact with DX and phone them every day to check whether there are any deliveries. Finally on the 16th of November, DX confirmed that they have a delivery and I received my card 10:30AM.

Request for Documents: 03rd of November 2017
Email update from HO: 13th of Nov 2017
Documents Received: 14th of Nov 2017
New BRP Received: 16th of Nov 2017

Lesson learnt:
• 0300 123 2241 – has got no information apart from very basic details and I believe this service has been sub-contracted to a private company. They escalate the issue only if they think it is emergency and this purely depends upon who you speaking too. Some please are just useless, but some really listen to you.
• For a TOC (name change application) straight forward application HO normally takes time between 4 to 5 weeks. (postal application)
• Even if you request for return of documents due to emergency, in my view, the case is not been taken seriously until you speak to HO and explain the situation.
• Contact MP regarding my case: no update or response from him regarding this matter (this might not be the case for everyone)
• After receiving decision letter, 99% of the time BRP should arrive in the next 3 working days.
• After reading various posts TOC (RC) case is different and it may take more than name change application.
• Last and final advice: Do not apply on a postal application if you are planning for a travel any sooner. It is better and cheaper to pay an excess of £600 pounds for priority service.

I hope this will help someone. All the best!

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Re: BRP (TOC) name change application + Request for return of documents

Post by sptula » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience, it will definitely help someone in need