ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case pending...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ekaterinas2016

Alternative evidence of residence non-EEA family member

Post by Ekaterinas2016 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Hello,

I'm in a difficult situation and would be grateful for advice

I am non-EEA spouse of EU citizen with permanent residence, total residence 5+1 years

I am a housewife fully supported by my husband financially (he works and also a holder of EEA PR), I took care of 2 small kids these years who were born here in the UK. I had my degrees in my home country, so I didn't have any study here, we also have never applied for any benefits or support for the government.

I applied for naturalization 1 month ago and today I received a letter inquiry to submit alternative evidence of residence for the last 3 years (I don't know why this period is requested). I don't have much time.

Requested documents are "alternative evidence of residence for EU national" (I am not EU national!) - P60, students letters, salary etc - documents I simply cannot have.

I did submit all the passports to cover 6 years period. Passports do have all the stamps, but these stamps are from countries of destination. If I traveled to Italy, there are stamps IN and OUT of Italy, etc

What I do have:
- All the travel tickets with dates and destinations with my name on them
- some bills
- bank statements
- GP letter
- my kids' appointment letters (I attended appointments with them)
- correspondence on my name
- few council tax bills
- few insurance letters etc
Basically, these docs were enough for PR application

I do not know what to do as I clearly cannot provide the documents they ask me for. I'm afraid I'm going to receive a refusal letter and no refund and it's quite sad, to be honest.

Shall I try to explain my situation in detail and send all that I have? What are my chances?

zapzap

Re: Alternative evidence of residence non-EEA family member

Post by zapzap » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Submit the same docs you used for PR ... Yours and your husband as for some reason they are requesting info from EU National ... Attach yours as well just to be safe!

Ekaterinas2016

Post by Ekaterinas2016 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:53 am

zapzap wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:26 pm
Submit the same docs you used for PR ... Yours and your husband as for some reason they are requesting info from EU National ... Attach yours as well just to be safe!
Hi
I have sent what I could yesterday
Some correspondence
Medical records for me and kids
Bank statements
Tickets + boarding passes for travels
Letters from school and nursery that my son attended there
Bills

I think I know why exactly they have made this inquiry. After October 2014 I do not have stamps of entry to the uk (I have stamps of entry and exit to another countries though corresponding with the list of travels)

It’s very hard for a homemaker who doesn’t study or claim benefits to prove anything

Wish me luck:)

Ekaterinas2016

Post by Ekaterinas2016 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:59 am

zapzap wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:26 pm
And yes, I attached original passports for me and my husband again and his P60s and employers letter, payslips... I don't really think it will help, but I thought it will prove that I could stay home while my husband was providing for a while, i e explain how I managed to stay in the UK not working for this period

Ekaterinas2016

Case pending...

Post by Ekaterinas2016 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Apprx 1,5 month after my naturalization application UKBA have sent an inquiry for me to send additional proof of residence because I'm a non-EEA family member and there aren't all the stamps in my passports (I assume that was the reason)
The deadline to send the documents was by 28 November 2017
They enclosed a label with correct address and department name to send the documents
On this label I noticed a phrase "pending 05 December 2017"
Does anybody know what could it actually mean?
Is that their own deadline to look into my case?
If not, what does this date mean?
I applied for naturalisation on 5th of October
Thanks

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Re: Case pending...

Post by Arshsam » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Ekaterinas2016 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:37 pm
Apprx 1,5 month after my naturalization application UKBA have sent an inquiry for me to send additional proof of residence because I'm a non-EEA family member and there aren't all the stamps in my passports (I assume that was the reason)
They enclosed a label with correct address and department name to send the documents
Thanks
Hi,

As far as i think, it means, that date they will review the all the documents which they asked and decide your case decision...

It will be good if any moderator will put light on that...

Thanks

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:08 am

Ekaterinas2016 wrote:
Thanks

It's me again here, I communicated with you at your other post.
I read yr post here again, just similar to mine.
Deadline 29th November, Sent it already, HO received 27th. The letter says PENDING 6/12/17.
So am hoping to get positive reply by this new week..

How long did yours take to change online to decided after u sent additional docs??

Mine still showing awaiting decision
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Ekaterinas2016

Post by Ekaterinas2016 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:17 am

smallpie wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:08 am
Ekaterinas2016 wrote:
Thanks

It's me again here, I communicated with you at your other post.
I read yr post here again, just similar to mine.
Deadline 29th November, Sent it already, HO received 27th. The letter says PENDING 6/12/17.
So am hoping to get positive reply by this new week..

How long did yours take to change online to decided after u sent additional docs??

Mine still showing awaiting decision
So basically I have sent the documents on Wednesday, 22d of November, they received the documents on 23d of November. Actual approval is dated 28th of November and status has changed next day, 29th of November

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by smallpie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Thank you for the information.

Yours was decided four days from receiving your docs at the homeoffice.

So this coming week I hope to see my status online change.. Starting from tmrw :roll:

Will keep you updated,, many thanks.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.