ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Child's UK British Passport in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shivkumarng1
Newly Registered

Applying for Child's UK British Passport in India

Post by shivkumarng1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:44 am

I am UK Citizen holding British passport through Naturalisation back in Jan'2016 and wife is Indian national with expired FLRM VISA. At the moment my wife is in India. Me and wife are expecting our first child in the month of November'2017, we decided to have our baby delivered in India itself. My wife's FLRM VISA got expired in the first week of September'2017.

Could you please help me clarified with:

1. If my child is born in India, would my new born child be eligible for applying UK British Passport given that me father is UK citizen but my wife is Indian national?

2. I am planning to apply new FLRM VISA application for my wife (given that her FLRM VISA is already expired in Sep'2017) at a later time but not before I apply for my child's UK British passport (if my child is eligible) Would this be a okay? OR do I need to first apply for my wife's FLRM VISA and then apply for my new born child's UK British passport?

I would be really grateful if you could help me get clarified with my above queries and If I am repeating the question previously asked please excuse me.

secret.simon

Re: Applying for Child's UK British Passport in India

Post by secret.simon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:25 am

shivkumarng1 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:44 am
1. If my child is born in India, would my new born child be eligible for applying UK British Passport given that me father is UK citizen but my wife is Indian national?
Yes. Be aware that British passport applications from the Indian subcontinent can take between six months and a year.

The alternative is getting an Indian passport for the child and then applying for a CoE-RoA, which takes between six and sixteen weeks.

As the child will be born abroad, be aware that s/he will not be able to pass on British citizenship to their children (your grandchildren) automatically unless those children, your grandchildren, were born in the UK.
shivkumarng1 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:44 am
2. I am planning to apply new FLRM VISA application for my wife (given that her FLRM VISA is already expired in Sep'2017) at a later time but not before I apply for my child's UK British passport (if my child is eligible) Would this be a okay? OR do I need to first apply for my wife's FLRM VISA and then apply for my new born child's UK British passport?
Your wife's FLR(M) application will have nothing to do with your child's British passport application. But you should be aware that if there is a break between two applications, her FLR(M) clock may reset to zero and her ILR will get delayed. I will leave it for others to advise on this point.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

shivkumarng1
Newly Registered

Post by shivkumarng1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Thank You! for the response...

shivkumarng1
Newly Registered

Post by shivkumarng1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Can someone please advise on this point?