ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying more for health surcharge and delays??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aujayeb1
Newly Registered

Paying more for health surcharge and delays??

Post by aujayeb1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Hello

I have a job as a NHS medical consultant. I was told to apply for the 3 year general shortage tier 2 visa by the human resources department

I applied to the Pretoria office from Mauritius

I duly paid the 600pounds for the surcharge, which the website calculated and 10 days after submission, I obtained the following email

Thank you for making a payment in respect of the Immigration Health Surcharge. However, the consideration of your visa application has been deferred because the payment that you have made for the Immigration Health Surcharge is incorrect. As part of your visa application, you were required to make a payment of 18880.00 (ZAR). You made a payment of 11328.00 (ZAR) meaning that there is an underpayment of 7552.00 (ZAR). Your application will be refused if the correct payment is not made.

I have paid, but what does that mean? Their website made a mistake ? I jsut paid what was asked of me!! Or I chose the wrong visa type and they are giving me 5 years worth of visa? As my job is a permanent one?

Annoying that this probably means more delays.....anyone have experience of this?

Thanks

Avinash

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Paying more for health surcharge and delays??

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:01 pm

If your COS is for 5 years, then you have to apply for 5 years. You cannot choose a lesser amount. So you need to check what your COS says.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aujayeb1
Newly Registered

Post by aujayeb1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:45 am

I only had the number sent to me so do not know that. But will ask.

Thanks though

I hope it does not delay things

aujayeb1
Newly Registered

Post by aujayeb1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:16 am

Oh and another question

i only applied for a 3 year visa as per advice from HR. but if i am being asked for 5 years of health surcharge, will they ask me to pay for 2 more years on the visa too?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm

If the CoS is for 5 years, you must pay the 5 years IHS and visa fee for 5 years category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aujayeb1
Newly Registered

Post by aujayeb1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Will they now ask me for the extra visa fee as well?

Thanks for your help