ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension - Accountant Qualification

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pri3110
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Extension - Accountant Qualification

Post by pri3110 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi,

I have made an appointment next week for the extension of my spouse visa FLR(M). According to the financial requirements guidance notes, the accountant needs to be qualified with one of the UK supervisory body. Our accountant's qualification is MAAT, CIMA, CGMA (Chartered Management Accountants). Does his qualification meet the UKBA requirement?

Could you please confirm this as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa Extension - Accountant Qualification

Post by manci » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:54 pm

To be eligible for the extension you have to satisfy the financial requirements but there are no requirements for professional qualifications.

pri3110
Newly Registered

Post by pri3110 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks for the response.

Url: Page 64/67 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
(iv) If company is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts
for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an
accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the
Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants;

My company is exempt from annual audited accounts. The list of Recognised Supervisory Bodies (as defined in the companies Act 2006) doesnt include CIMA.

url: http://www.auditregister.org.uk/Forms/RSBList.aspx

Could you please confirm whether the accountant with CIMA MAAT CGMA ACMA OR AGMA is an accepted qualification for providing the letter.

Thanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:23 pm

pri3110
Newly Registered

Post by pri3110 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:13 pm

The URL is not working. Could you please post the working URL.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:38 pm

not sure why the URL doesn't work. Type into the search engine "UKBA refuses to accept CIMA" . It is on the www.spammer.co.uk website

pri3110
Newly Registered

Post by pri3110 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:09 am

Sorry, this URL also doesn't work.

I could see CIMA as one of the registered supervisory body in the guidance notes of Tier 1 visa applicants in the latest version May 2016 but in the FLR (M) guidance notes it has been given generically that the accountant needs to be a member of registered supervisory body of UK in the latest version April, 2016.

Please let me know whether anyone has applied for the spouse visa extension recently (in the year 2016) been approved of inspite of the accountant being a CIMA. Any replies in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:33 am

you can get to the website I was referring to by typing "UKBA refuses to accept CIMA" into Google.

Call CIMA, they may have up to date information

pri3110
Newly Registered

Post by pri3110 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:27 pm

I've called the CIMA and they confirmed that they are no more a member of the registered supervisory body (RSB) of UK.

Please make sure you get a letter confirming the earnings from a member of RSB.

Thanks

pri3110
Newly Registered

Post by pri3110 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:59 am

We had our same day PEO appointment last week and our application was successful.

Regarding the financial requirements, I took an additional letter from an ACCA certified accountant as our accountant is not a member of RSB. It costed me £60 (including VAT). The letter was to certify the accounts prepared by our accountant meets the statutory requirements of HMRC and companies house, highlighting the earnings, profit and loss of the company.

Thanks for all the response.

Cheers,

praveeny
Newly Registered

Post by praveeny » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 am

Hi pri3110

could you please suggest me the ACCA accountant who gave you the certificate for £60. I am having the same issue. What documents he requested before giving the certificate

This is urgent. Please help

thanks
prav

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:43 pm

praveeny wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 am
Hi pri3110

could you please suggest me the ACCA accountant who gave you the certificate for £60. I am having the same issue. What documents he requested before giving the certificate

This is urgent. Please help

thanks
prav
Members are not permitted to name professionals on the forum. Also please refrain from digging up old topics. Kindly post your questions in your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.