ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mcmahon1
Newly Registered
Denmark

Decision

Post by Mcmahon1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:43 pm

One more question.

How is my decision letter send?
Is it a seperste letter or together with my submitted documents?

Thanks.

AdInfernos
Spain

Re: Decision

Post by AdInfernos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Mine came together with documents. I'm still waiting though for invitation for ceremony.

Mcmahon1
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by Mcmahon1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Thank you. Are you from EU? How long did your application take? Thanks.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Your're welcome. Yes, it's an EU application. I applied on 19/09 and was approved on 07/11. 49 days in total, exactly the same number of days it took for my Permanent Residence document.

Mcmahon1
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by Mcmahon1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:20 am

Well done. A huge congratulations.

Did your status say decided online or awaiting decision when you got your letter ??

I’ve sent them payslips and P60, Counsil tax, PR, Test results and criminal screening from home , passport and a few other bits. should that be enough you think ?

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Did you read "AN guide"? It explains what you have to send.
By the way, it took over 5 months for me. It was a straight case.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Mcmahon1 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:20 am
Well done. A huge congratulations.

Did your status say decided online or awaiting decision when you got your letter ??

I’ve sent them payslips and P60, Counsil tax, PR, Test results and criminal screening from home , passport and a few other bits. should that be enough you think ?
It changed to decided on 08/11 and letter arrived 11/11.

You do not have to send any criminal screening from other country, but it won't make any harm anyway. P60s and Council tax are good to prove your residence. Add PR and passport and it will do. If you have applied recently the decision may come soon as it seems that from September on the are taking under 2 months for a lot of people including myself.

Good luck!

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 am

Inferno let's hope our invitation letters drop on the post soon.. my one is due since the 9th of November when my case was decided

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am

hussainfarhad wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 am
Inferno let's hope our invitation letters drop on the post soon.. my one is due since the 9th of November when my case was decided

Yes. When you receive the approval letter you think, "well, that's it". But no, now comes the wait for the invitation letter and, possibly, later, for the passport.

Anyway, it's not clear to me whether the invitation letter comes from the home office or the council. I don't understand why both approval and invitation letters come together for some people whereas for others it seems to be a separate process.

hussainfarhad
Pakistan

Post by hussainfarhad » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 am

Nothing in today's post too..
The letter comes from HO as I called Slough council they said once I get invitation letter only then I can call council who will book me in and will send their version of an invitation letter.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 am

AdInfernos wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am
hussainfarhad wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 am

Yes. When you receive the approval letter you think, "well, that's it". But no, now comes the wait for the invitation letter and, possibly, later, for the passport.

Anyway, it's not clear to me whether the invitation letter comes from the home office or the council. I don't understand why both approval and invitation letters come together for some people whereas for others it seems to be a separate process.
The approval letter well ours was a single slip of paper containing approval and council contact details to book a ceremony, once booked council emailed letter to us, just bring the email, home office letter and passport or driving licence to the ceremony, there was no waitng for approval letter or council invite.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 am

mrgs1 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 am
The approval letter well ours was a single slip of paper containing approval and council contact details to book a ceremony, once booked council emailed letter to us, just bring the email, home office letter and passport or driving licence to the ceremony, there was no waitng for approval letter or council invite.
There are two types of letters.

1. Combined approval and ceremony letter.

2. Approval letter and separately a ceremony invite letter.

Who gets which is random selection, possibly based on area/postcode. For the second option, most usually have to wait for the invite letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 am
mrgs1 wrote:

Who gets which is random selection, possibly based on area/postcode. For the second option, most usually have to wait for the invite letter.
Yes I had read before it is a lottery who gets what. That's why my reply was "Well ours " when it could be a choice. Single letter makes most sense, less hassle.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:

There must be a reason for this. I contacted my council today and they don't have my certificate. Tomorrow it will be two weeks from my approval. However, the approval letter arrived in just 4 days. A combined letter here would have been of no use.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:18 pm

AdInfernos wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 pm
CR001 wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:

There must be a reason for this. I contacted my council today and they don't have my certificate. Tomorrow it will be two weeks from my approval. However, the approval letter arrived in just 4 days. A combined letter here would have been of no use.
As I said, likely based on post code/area and also possibly Royal Mail/deliveries/couriers or whatever method certificates are sent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:18 pm
AdInfernos wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 pm
CR001 wrote:
mrgs1 wrote:

As I said, likely based on post code/area and also possibly Royal Mail/deliveries/couriers or whatever method certificates are sent.
That's curious, the lady gave the impression it was printed by the council, the words were " I'll just check my spreadsheet, Its on system ready to print" I assumed it was sent electronically to them?

Mcmahon1
Newly Registered
Denmark

Decision came today

Post by Mcmahon1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Got my letter today. My application has been approved :-) So happy.