ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AdInfernos
Spain

MN1 supporting documents

Post by AdInfernos » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:26 pm

After having my application for British citizenship approved, I will submit form MN1 for my 8 year-old daughter born abroad. My understanding is that this will be under s. 3(1) under the discretion of the Secretary of State.

Now, question time for me: because we are EEA citizens I understand that non-stamped passports will not be a reliable evidence of residence, so I guess we have to submit evidence of her living in the UK during the past 5 years. In this case I will send the same evidence used for her DCPR which we received three weeks ago: school records, NHS, etc. Am I correct in assuming this?

Also, because section 4 (good character requirement) is not applicable because she's under 10, I think that instead of sending the pages in blank, I will simply remove them. Same for section 3 which is not applicable to us. Any advice on this?

Finally I will enclose the child's passport, DCPR, letter from Home Office with date when PR was acquired, child's birth certificate and parents marriage certificate. I cannot see any requirement to send any other documents such as my passport, CDPR, etc. Again, right assumption?

And that's it for now. Best of luck to everybody in the same process.

swintooh
Poland

Re: MN1 supporting documents

Post by swintooh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Why didn't you do a combined application in the first place?

Anyway, I've sent letters from school and our GP, but since our application was a family one, there was enough evidence we all live in the UK.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 am

swintooh wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:34 pm
Why didn't you do a combined application in the first place?
All of us have compelling reasons to do things in the way we do. Haven't we?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 am

Also, because section 4 (good character requirement) is not applicable because she's under 10, I think that instead of sending the pages in blank, I will simply remove them. Same for section 3 which is not applicable to us. Any advice on this?
You should send the complete form, even with blank pages. Do not discard sections which are not applicable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 am
You should send the complete form, even with blank pages. Do not discard sections which are not applicable.
Thank you CR001. To be on the safe side that's what I'll do. I recall that with my EEA it was just the opposite. They advised to remove non-applicable sections of the form.