ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 or 5 Years, Stamps and By Association/Descent.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

3 or 5 Years, Stamps and By Association/Descent.

Post by nukes » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:22 am

I am still a bit confused about a few things or is that remiss?
I cannot locate where I can get Citizenship by association or descent after THREE years (at the discretion of the minister), have I dreamed this up?
Secondly I understand the 5 year rule but with the last year being continuous. I have read on boards that folk are allowed out in that last 'continuous year' to holiday and short term visits. I have read that this can be between six weeks and 183 days! Is there a clear 'legal' reference point for a precise number?
I have read that folk need this stamp and that stamp in their passports. As a 'UK' citizen, there is no requirement to have stamps (1-4) in passports at point of entry. So do I need to initiate this process? The gardai have said I do not need to report to a station to initiate the start of one's residence.

madmedman
Pakistan

Re: 3 or 5 Years, Stamps and By Association/Descent.

Post by madmedman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:07 am

Hey, I think I can answer the second part of your question to some extent.

Your last year can still be continuous if you are out of the country for a maximum of six weeks. I have not seen a clear and legal reference to this cut off but have known people who were refused for staying out two days over this six week limit. The reason for refusal was that their last year was not continuous.

If you are a British citizen, you don't need the stamps because you are not subject to immigration control. However, you will need at least three proof of addresses for each year that you want to count towards your residence. Your tax documentations such as P60s will also be required. The application form (form 8 ) should clarify this for you.
I guess you can still apply for naturalisation based on association if you are resident in Ireland for 3 years but from stories I have heard, you may be waiting over 2 years for a decision. Not sure how descent works. Others can correct me if I am wrong.

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you.
As I am retired do I get a P60? I am not receiving a pension at the moment. I haven't worked for four/five years.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:31 pm

I don't think p60 or other tax documents are mandatory. But proof of address is. You would need three different ones. Bank statements, utility bills, HSE letters, GP letters, etc. They are quite flexible with what constitute as a proof of address, unlike the UK banks, for example. I am sure because when my wife applied, she neither had tax nor employment records. But then I am speaking from a non-eu perspective. There are others here who applied as eu nationals, and they may be better placed with info on the subject.

Check form 8. Same form applies to all.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208 ... g%2016.pdf