ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinite leave to enter expiring

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aanu0607
Newly Registered

indefinite leave to enter expiring

Post by aanu0607 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 pm

good evening guys, i have an indefinite leave to enter but my passport is expiring next year July which also means that my visa expires same day as my passport and due to how the passport is processed in my country, i am almost certain that the new passport will not be ready in time for renewal.

i have changed my name due to marriage, so my question is if i request for my visa to be transferred to a BRP under my married, will the present expiry date apply, or will i be allowed to change details without a new passport in my married name.

or can i just ask for the visa to be moved to a BRP in my maiden name if it is easier

please if you have any other suggestions, i am all ears. thanks in advance for your response.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: indefinite leave to enter expiring

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 pm

You must transfer it to BRP under the same name as it is in your passport. If you legally changed your name in the UK via deed poll, then both of your BRP and passport details must match. This generally means that you also need to change your name in your passport via your home country consulate/embassy.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice