ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surname Addition, BRP not updated and ILR Dilemma Help Please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itskrish
Newly Registered
India

Surname Addition, BRP not updated and ILR Dilemma Help Please

Post by itskrish » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Hello,

I'm a newbie in this forum.

I have a dilemma in progressing with my ILR related to my surname addition in passport and unsure about how it will impact ILR.

My current situation is a follows:

I'm on Tier 2 General (valid till Nov, 2018) and I'll complete 5 year continuous period in Dec, 2017 and hence I'll eligible to apply for ILR.

My old passport showed only Given Name 'A B' and current BRP (T2 General) was issued 2 years back showing Surname as 'A B'.

However last year during passport renewal April-2016, I changed my passport correctly to show Given name as 'A' and Surname as 'B'. But I didn't update BRP as I didn't realize that BRP shows surname as 'A B' till now.
Also I read that if there is Personal Changes including names, I should have done this 3 months within changing it. Actually in my case I didn't change my name but simply split A and B under Given Name and Surname.

Can I go ahead and apply for ILR or need to change BRP (T2 General) first?

If I have to change BRP, will I end up paying £1000 penalty as I didn't do this within 3 months?

Can any senior members in this forum help with advice?

Thanks a lot in advance.

itskrish
Newly Registered
India

Re: Surname Addition, BRP not updated and ILR Dilemma Help Please

Post by itskrish » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:26 pm

Can anyone please help with a response? Thanks in advance.